Outer cv boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer cv boots

Just wondering how easy it is to change the outer cv boots on my 2.4. anyone done it and now how easy / long etc..

Its not hard, but messy, and you have to remove the whole shaft and take off the inner boots first, as the outer CV doesn't come apart.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Its not hard, but messy, and you have to remove the whole shaft and take off the inner boots first, as the outer CV doesn't come apart.
      Or cheat like I did and fit a split one. You have to keep them meticulously clean or the glue won't stick. I wrapped the shaft with clingfilm, stuck the two halves of the boot together, removed clingfilm, greased up and put the zip ties on. Four months later it is still OK.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        . You have to keep them meticulously clean
        eek! you lost me at that bit but yeah, the split ones do work if you can keep them clean. Dunno how they'd stand up to lots of offroad abuse at full lock, going up and down....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          eek! you lost me at that bit but yeah, the split ones do work if you can keep them clean. Dunno how they'd stand up to lots of offroad abuse at full lock, going up and down....

They fit a commercial equivalent on trucks. Concorde was glued together
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

cheers for the help on this, I had thought about the split / univesal ones as it seems easiest as i don't paricularly want to start pulling out the drive shafts and basically like having the easy life

Comment

Good look mate. I got STEVO to do mine.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X