Rear Window and Air con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window and Air con

Problem with rear window switch , cant open window using key in rear door lock , window works okay using the switch on the front panel which i imagine would mean the motors okay, albeit pretty slow , ive had the panel off at the back , all pretty clean and rust free. Milners only sell motor and regulator Anybody else had this problem ?
    I assume its a contact inside the lock barrel anybody any ideas where i can get another one , (other than Toyota), or any ideas as to what might be up with it.
    Ive tried speaying lock with WD40.
    Also my aircon has stopped working , i put it on the switch light goes green for about 15 sec like its working then it goes out and it wont come back on again till i stop engine and start again , Any ideas?
    As i stay in Scotland believe it or not i never use it but will the fact that its not working effect the engine/cooling system in any way?
    Thanks
    DA

For the rear doorlock, take off the panel again, and gain access to the door lock. Remove the black plastic cover from the lock (pic1) and you'll see the microswitch attached to the end of the barrel (pic2) The switch clips off, lubricate it with silicone grease or similar. WARNING if you operate the microswitch while its off the barrel, the window may come down on you. Might be an idea to diconect the motor till it's all back together. Hope this helps.

Pete
    Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks ill give it a bash , not literally obviously.
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X