Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Belt Query !!!

Hi All,

Just checking on something - I was told that the cam belt on my Surf (1989 2.4TD SSR -Limited) has already been done.
    There is a sticker on the Air Filter saying the 'Synchronous Drive Belt' was changed at 109,000km and is due for changing again at 177,000km - can I asuume that this 'Sync... Drive Belt' is the cam belt ???

Also where is the temp. sensor for the dash temp. guage - is it the one facing the radiator on the thermostat housing or the one facing the nearside just under the coolant filler cap on the thermo housing - my temp guage seems to be intermittantly working !

Hope some of you genui can help !!

Cheers

Kim

Originally posted by kimbo1920
    Hi All,

Just checking on something - I was told that the cam belt on my Surf (1989 2.4TD SSR -Limited) has already been done.
    There is a sticker on the Air Filter saying the 'Synchronous Drive Belt' was changed at 109,000km and is due for changing again at 177,000km - can I asuume that this 'Sync... Drive Belt' is the cam belt ???

Also where is the temp. sensor for the dash temp. guage - is it the one facing the radiator on the thermostat housing or the one facing the nearside just under the coolant filler cap on the thermo housing - my temp guage seems to be intermittantly working !

Hope some of you genui can help !!

Cheers

Kim
    Cam Belt every 100,000kms
    Temp Sender is the small one on nearside
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

But Is this label saying that the 'Synchronous Drive Belt' was replaced at 109kkm mean it was the cam belt - synchronous - timing ?

Comment

But Is this label saying that the 'Synchronous Drive Belt' was replaced at 109kkm mean it was the cam belt - synchronous - timing ?
        Dont understand the Synchronous bit but cam belt should be changed every 100,000kms Its like any other timing belt
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

ìf your not sure get the timing belt changed!its a lot cheaper to change it than have it break and bend valves.

Comment

Affirmative

'Sync... Drive Belt' is the cam belt ??? Yes
            Synchronous

1. Moving or operating at the same rate.
            2. Having identical periods.
            3. Having identical period and phase.
            Tis the perfect descriptive for the 'timed' connection of crank to cams

cuz its da belt, wot makes da engine, Synchronous, wid itself!
            Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Thanks for all your help - thought it was - just wanted to be sure - all looks pucker and pro job so hopefully sorted - just need to sort this temp switch/guage - was working the other day but reading low - checked the contacts at the sender and cleaned them - now seems not to be working at all - ordered new thermo from Toyota - do these senders pack up or is there a known 'in-line' fault ?

Comment

Thanks for all your help - thought it was - just wanted to be sure - all looks pucker and pro job so hopefully sorted - just need to sort this temp switch/guage - was working the other day but reading low - checked the contacts at the sender and cleaned them - now seems not to be working at all - ordered new thermo from Toyota - do these senders pack up or is there a known 'in-line' fault ?
                They do some times play up, one of mine was playing up for months and a new sender took 5 mins to fit.

Comment

Working...
                X