oil filtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil filtering

Ive just got a regular supply of dirty cooking oil. Can anyone tell me the easiest method of filtering it thats effective. Cheers

Originally posted by jonnyq462
    Ive just got a regular supply of dirty cooking oil. Can anyone tell me the easiest method of filtering it thats effective. Cheers
    when driving around if you see a yellow SAFETYKLEEN van chat him up for some of his degreaser unit filters they go down to 2microns
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

how clean does it have to be

Comment

not sure check out a tread started by ssrx long time back use the search was lots said about it on there mate
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I think used oil needs more than filtering as it will contains starch & other materials.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyq462

I believe you need to warm the oil to get it thin enough to pass through the filter. I think people have used hot water tanks with immersion heaters for this job.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by exmee46
              I believe you need to warm the oil to get it thin enough to pass through the filter. I think people have used hot water tanks with immersion heaters for this job.

Cheers

Kev
              The oil should be filtered to arounf 5 microns, otherwise you'll find your main fuel filter blocking regularly. It will have to be heated to get it thru filters this fine.
              There are other items you should do when using waste oil, have a look here for some further info and links to other sites to check out.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
              X