1st Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Surf

Hi just brought my first Surf a Greg 2.4 Diesel manual. The clutch pedal is very soft and the clutch seems to slip when the turbo comes on boost? I thought a weak clutch cover. Anyone have any more ideas. Also the radiator has a slight leak from the header tank not at a joint or near the cap but through the top as if it is porus.

Hi Goodjazz
    You are only round the corner from me, as most surfs are auto you may be a bit short on answers to this one,auto's dont have a header tank just an overflow reservoir, but rads leaking a bit is not uncommon, mine does it once in a while as it has tiny perforations in the top of it. Not sure about the clutch thing but someone will hopefully be able to help.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi I worked for at Foster cars for Seven years but imports are slightly different, all cars have thair own little problems.I checked the cooling system for bubbles when Hot and the ForLife was still Red. The Japanese spec coolant used to change Yellow when exhaust gasses were present. Pick my Surf up tomorrow it felt very tight and new on test drive not bad for a 12 year old truck.

Comment

Welcome to forum. We are not entirely mad in here, it just helps to be sometimes

There is a techy bit either in the FAQs or in the tech section on clutch probs with manuals.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Picked up the Surf today drove it the 15miles home ran very well 13 years old with only 40000 miles on the clock. The clutch pedal stuck to the floor twice then I noticed it was jaming under the floor mat moved the mat and its not done it since. Just need to source Two front tyres for now

Comment

Clocking up the years

Pick my Surf up tomorrow it felt very tight and new on test drive not bad for a 12 year old truck.
            Picked up the Surf today drove it the 15miles home ran very well 13 years old with only 40000 miles

Watch out!!
            By the rate your are going another 15 miles and your truck will be 14 years old
            befor you know it!
            Welcome
            Mark

Comment

The Previous owner was a Doctor,Doctor Who

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X