I got the intercooler plumbed in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the intercooler plumbed in.

I had to take off the bonet to get it on for now but once I cut a big hole I can put it back together. I am not too happy with the positioning and the mounts I have made but its early days yet.

I was running over 12psi with a MBC but have turned this back down till about 10psi till I get tuned in a few weeks.

Will post some pics when it looks better.

After a few hours of cutting with an angle grinder I now have the bonnet back on my now intercooled surf.

Comment

you got some serious mods going on pretty quickly mate
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

What intercooler did you use, did you have to do a body lift to accommodate it? What scoop did you use? Do you notice a difference no it is fitted?

That pesky car salesman again!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonewen
          What intercooler did you use
          Its off a diahutsu tdi with I think a 2.8 engine.

did you have to do a body lift to accommodate it?
          No I have a suspension lift but the engine is at the correct height within the engine bay. To get it to fit i have cut a big hole out of the bonnet, the top of the intercooler sits just above the tope of the bonnet. (I will put a scoop on there soon)

What scoop did you use?
          I have a friend who works on boats that is going to make me a mold and fiberglass a scoop to fit. I am going for quite a big scoop to get as much air as possible through the intercooler, I am also adding a couple of smaller reversed scoops at the very back of the bonnet to try and keep enough air flowing through the radiator.

Do you notice a difference no it is fitted?
          yes but at the moment hot air is blowing through the intercooler (until the scoop is fitted) so it is currently an interheater.

I cant wait to get it tuned.

Comment

What's MBC?
            ======
            Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
              What's MBC?

MBC = Manual Boost Controller

Adjusts the turbo preassure. Its sorta a bleader valve that goes on the vaccum hose between the wastegate and turbo.

Comment

Excellent you will need to keep us up to date with your mods. I plan on fitting an intercooler but first I must resolve the dreaded head goblin.

That pesky car salesman again!

Comment

being the lazy so and so that I am (sometimes...)

Where did you get your manual boost controller from...?

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                    being the lazy so and so that I am (sometimes...)

Where did you get your manual boost controller from...?

andyL

halfords, and it actually says manual boost controller on the package. its a little brass thingy the you fit into a vacuum line and has a nut you can turn to adjust how much preassure you blead.

Comment

I suppose an obvious question deserved and obvious answer...

Just reluctant to go into Halfrauds more often that absolutely needed.

many thanks, andyL

Comment

Turbosmart also make a range of nice turbo controllers, from new wastegates untp full on digital stuff. has anyone tried any of these, including their single and dual stage boost controllers with the (andy fight's inner child) airoplane missile switches for activation.
                        ======

Comment

How's this going, i'm interested in doing the same myself that's all...
                          ======

Comment

Working...
                          X