Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton Hill roundabout - Basingstoke Ring road

Today half 4ish

Burgundy 2nd gen with what I can only describe as a large microfying glass shaped transfer on the passenger side door? dint see it for long, was headed for the M3.

Don't care who it was, just want to know what the heck it was on the door.

twas Kinda like the QI logo...

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
    Today half 4ish

Burgundy 2nd gen with what I can only describe as a large microfying glass shaped transfer on the passenger side door? dint see it for long, was headed for the M3.

Don't care who it was, just want to know what the heck it was on the door.

twas Kinda like the QI logo...
    Microfying? Thats my new word of the day...
    Hows it different to magnifying???
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

well that solves it then, must have been a magnifying glass lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
        well that solves it then, must have been a magnifying glass lol
        Now that's quite interesting...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Suspiciously close to Dr Anglegrinder - perhaps it was a satisfied customer heading for the motorway

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Never seen it, there's one local with bubbles up the side, and the another with the usual backwards Surf sticker.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ah well - another good theory blown out of the water !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Hi to those in Basingstoke

We have a import 1994 Hilux Surf

Having problems with overheating when towing. Any of you guys had this problem if so could we meet up for a chat?

Comment

Hi and welcome,

You're well catered for in Basingstoke, Mr TonyN would be the best person to talk to for services/parts etc. See - http://http://www.4x4toys.co.uk

Would be glad to meet up but am less than useless on diagnosing problems. Use the search function for overheating, the subject is Very well covered on here.

Ali

Comment

I live in New Zealand and tow a caravan with my Hilux Surf G - 3.0 ....had the same problem with overheating and it cost me $4,000 for a new head. The radiator was found to be the main culprit being 2o% blocked and was rebuilt with the head change . I know the surf has reputation for head problems due to poor cooling so my question would be what can be done to improve the overall cooling of the system? Suggestions so far have been an extra oil cooler , a super flow exhaust, improve air flow around engine bay....and so does anyone have anything that would be the answer?

Comment

Hi, I replaced my water pump about two year ago with a more efficient one piece pump made by the original makers, also slightly bigger radiator, and an in line trans oil cooler, no probs up to now,
                      15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Working...
                      X