yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recurrent turbo warning light problem on Toyota 3.0 TD 4Runner - let's nail it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurrent turbo warning light problem on Toyota 3.0 TD 4Runner - let's nail it !

[B]Hi all. This post is about the recurrent turbo warning light problem on the Toyota 3.0 TD 4Runner. This a tedious matter, I know, but I've also read a lot of ignorant and misleading posts about it, so I invite informed persons to chime in here. What happens is that the little yellow or amber warning light within the rev counter, and which has a little turbo motif underneath it, goes on and off for no apparent reason. It very often comes on and stays on practically all the time. It is quite obviously an anomaly, because nothing is really wrong, but it it is very annoying. And as I now want to sell my otherwise excellent 1994 4Runner 3.0TD (lhd, in the South of France) I want the problem fixed so that potential buyers are not put off by it.
    As the informed already know, this is the turbo over or excess pressure warning light (it is NOT an engine warning light, and it does NOT mean that the cam belt needs changing as on a Hilux 2.4 TD !). The anomalous on and off of this light is no doubt caused by the sensor on the inlet manifold. A black plastic thing which is fixed with two bolt holes. A flexible vacuum pipe fits on the tube sticking out of it, and the electrical connection is through a three-pole plug-in connector. So far so good. So what goes wrong ? Sometimes, it seems, dirt gets in there, or the vacuum pipe leaks air, or the electrical connection is bad. Or the sensor has just gone bad somehow.
    What I want to do is obtain a new sensor, the exact right part. Because I am afraid that if I remove the old one something will distintegrate in my hands and I will be, well... very unhappy. So what I would like to know is : what is the correct part number for this sensor.
    Initial investigations suggest that it is 89421-60030. But no, wait. I have bought on two occasions two items identified as such, and each time it turns out that the three-pronged electrical connector is different. As these are cheapo Chinese-made parts, the financial loss is not significant, but the annoyance factor is very high.
    To make things more complicated, some website suppliers indicate that the part reference has been modified to become 89421-60040. And indeed, when I look for that part number, the item does seems a little different. This later much more expensive item is to be had via suppliers of genuine Toyota parts from Japan. But nothing indicates to me that this really is the right part. Various searches throw up slightly similar but different references for slightly similiar but different parts, or so it seems.
    So does anyone here really know which is the right part I should order, so that my potential buyers are not put off by this stupid and useless but worrying and annoying warning light. PLEASE !!!!
    Thanks in advance for reading the above, and above all for your potential help.
    Desperate Leachim in the South of France.[/B]

Please write something !
    Leachim

Comment

Have sent you a PM.

Comment

You gotta help me more NiftyNev. How do I find and read that PM ?

Comment

OK,I found it in the spam box. But I am not authorised to read it. And sending me to the ToyDIY club doesn't help me in the immediate, nor non members of the ToyDIY club. I am frankly rather disappointed, as I think the matter I refer to is of general interest.

Comment

Working...
          X