Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2LT EGR VSVs question

Hi all,

I am looking at deleting the EGR system on my 1989 hilux surf. Being the 2L-T not the TE I am having trouble working out what to do with the VSVs. I would like to retain the non harsh engine shutdown and plug them correctly. I have seen there are plenty of write ups on how to correctly block the VSV on a 2L-TE, Nevs post on this forum being very detailed and helpful but I have noticed the 2LTE being EFI only has one (blue) VSV on the throttle body whereas I have two (blue & red) VSVs in that location. I am guessing the Egr block would be different between the two engines. Does anyone know how to correctly run the two VSVs once the egr is deleted?

Attached Files

I've lost track of a few things in the last couple of years since the Aussie Forum disappeared. Don't have much do do with Surf's now like I did before. Memory on a lot of things has faded. I'll see if I can send you a PM with a link that may help you.
    Last edited by NiftyNev; 27 July 2022, 11:07.

Comment

Thanks mate, anything that may help is appreciated

Comment

Not sure what I posted previously about the VSVs but the 2L-TE has two just like the 2L-T, just operate a bit differently I think and different locations. Seems like the 2L-T has a Vacuum Actuator similar to the 2L-TE. On the 2L-TE the bottom stage of the Actuator operates just off idle to allow the EGR system to operate. The top stage of the Actuator operates at shutdown to close the butterfly. Needs vacuum from both on shutdown to operate correctly if IIRC. Can't check mine as it's been in pieces for quite a while now.

Comment

Working...
        X