Need some help with LHD Hilux Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with LHD Hilux Surf

Hello. I'm thinking of buying [B]1993 Hilux Surf SSRX 3.0 LIMITED[/B]. There is only one for sale in my country. And have some questions.
    Do Hilux Surf come in LHD? Searching on internet if I understood correctly that only 4runners came in LHD. So the one I want to buy is LHD. I searched in other EU sites, there are more LHD Surfs, so I'm confused now. And the speedometer is in MPH and KMH.
    Next question. Did it come with leather seats? I haven't seen any in pictures online with leather seats. Maybe its from newer Surf?
    Next question. Do they have shorter VIN number?
    Here are some pictures of it:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1296642}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1296643}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1296644}[/ATTACH]
    Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

So the Surf was ALWAYS RHD, unless someone has converted it.

As far as I know none of the 2nd gen surfs came with leather interior and this was only an option on 4Runners. Many (like me) have retro fitted leather seats from other cars however.
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Ok thanks. Is it worth looking in to it if its converted? If yes, wat I need to watch for if you know.

Comment

So guy must of pulled the internals and steering Colom out of a 4runner and put it into the surf! I wouldn't be to conserved about this! just make sure all the steering components are well attached and not hitting anything, also look at the foot well on both sides to make sure all holes in the fire wall where covered correctly and not exposed.

I would also look to see if this is just a 4runner that has the 1kz-te swapped into it! but looking at It don't think that's the case here. If you can go get it inspected before buying just to make sure there's no problems with mounts and steering!

I've personally looked at doing the swap, but found it was cheaper to buy a 4runner and just swap the engines!

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Comment

Working...
          X