No announcement yet.

New Surf owner! Service manual, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf owner! Service manual, anyone?

Greetings one and all.

First post on here. I'm really pleased forums are still going strong and it hasn't all migrated over to Face-ache.

Anyway. So I am the very proud owner of a 4th gen, 2005 2.7 petrol SSRX with a whopping 67k miles on it, imported from Yokohama. Admittedly, I couldn't really have picked a worse time to do it - bought it in March this year, ended up delayed thanks to Captain Sparrow getting his vessel stuck in the Suez, and despite arriving at Southampton docks last week of June, it still has no plates....good old DVLA are in a spot of bother, aren't they ‍♂️

Anywho. It's as I said the 2.7 petrol, which is common as muck back in the homeland of Japan but obviously not nearly as much here, and so I am having a much harder time than I expected I would getting hold of a service manual for it.

And so I thought, why not turn to the penultimate Surf community here in Blighty, as someone else is bound to have one. In fact I was blown away to see another 4th gen sat at my local fuel station only a few weeks back.

So firstly a hearty hellooo to you all, and secondly, if anyone knows of where I might get hold of a service manual manual, I'd be in your debt. I am confident my mechanic doesn't really need one - not exactly complicated bits of kit - but it would nonetheless be nice to have. I believe the 2.7 (2TR-FE) is commonly seen in the Alphard and there are quite a few of them on the road so I don't expect it to be an issue.

Oh - and does anyone have any recommendations on good companies to pick parts up from for imported Surfs? I did email Milner 4x4 and despite furnishing them with the frame, engine and model number they went a bit quiet on the emails

Thanks muchly!

For parts try RoughTrax or KS International
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Working...
    X