yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOT Advisories on 1994 3.0 - would these put you off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Advisories on 1994 3.0 - would these put you off?

Hi Everyone. I am about to purchase my first surf for off-roading and have found this forum enormously helpful in narrowing down the decision of which to get (it's because of this forum that I decided to avoid a 2.4, for example). I have found what I think looks to be a great example, especially for off-roading - it's very kitted out with mods for some serious tracks, and is a 1994 3.0 - but the list of advisories from the last MOT look a bit concerning to my amateur, untrained eye. Would the below list concern you?

- Rear vehicle structure is fractured but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1(a)(i))
    - Front vehicle structure is fractured but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1(a)(i))
    - Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1(c)(i))
    - Body panel slightly loose rusted (6.2.1(a)(i))
    - Front axle swivel pins and bushes swivel pin and/or bush slightly worn (5.1.2(b)(i))
    - Rear axle swivel pins and bushes swivel pin and/or bush slightly worn (5.1.2(b)(i))
    - Steering linkage ball joint has slight play (2.1.3(b)(i))
    - Wet weather, mud under the vehicle
    - Parking break needs adjustment

Anything rust related to the chassis or structure would put me off, yes, because rust is like cancer and spreads and eventually that will lead to MT failure.
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Working...
    X