Road tax for Japanese import 3L Hilux Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road tax for Japanese import 3L Hilux Surf

Hi there. I inherited my Surf from my mother and have had it for 2 years. I'm sure I read somewhere on here that someone successfully challenged their tax band and got it changed to the date of manufacture (for an import). I tried this, but gov refused. Mine was manufactured in 1997, but imported from Japan in 2005. So I pay £330 a year, instead of £280 as I'm being forced to pay from the date of import. Just wondering if others with an imported Surf have the same issue.

I'll check mine to see what I'm paying. I never thought about this before. I wonder what reason they gave for refusing. I always thought it came down to date of manufacture...

Comment

Interesting. Never heard of this before. What was the gov reason for refusal?
      Thanks
      Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I didn't get a proper reason from them, it was just email saying that they were unable to change it. I half expected them to want proof of manufacturing date but they didn't even ask for that. I'm going to try again soon as I plan to put the vehicle back on the road and it's worth a try. I will post here of the outcome.

Comment

Working...
        X