Jump lead ###.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump lead ###.

Hi all, this is my first post as I'm new to the group.
    whilst putting a set of jump leads on my surf I really stupidly ended up putting the leads on one of my surf battery's the wrong way round!!!
    It was dark and after a long day at work. I'm still a ###.
    I got a good sized spark and now nothing appart from the fuel pump kicks in when the newly charged and replaced battery's are fitted and turned on.
    It has an emobiliser fitted and won't do a thing. Is there a specific fuse to check to start with??
    ​​​​​​I've ordered a bunch from Roughtrax so I'll start with that but any help is mega welcome.
    cheers.

Hi welcome! It's very quite here these days! The immobiliser might be fried from reverse polarity or the big 80A fuse may have blown. If it's the immobiliser you'll need to find it then cut and reconnect the cars wiring. Mine has 2 circuits for the starter and fuel pump immobilised. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      i ended up ordering a load of fuses from Roughtrax and getting the fuse box out. The 100amp had blown and luckily nothing else had been damaged. I upgraded the battery terminals and battery whilst I was at it and it started up straight away. Mega happy I didn't do any damage.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

That was lucky!
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
          X