Speedo and ECU fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo and ECU fix

Bought a Surf with a gear change issue and flickering AT light and a broken speedo. Managed to fix the gearbox and AT light quite easily by cleaning the circuit board on the ECU found in the passenger footwell. The speedo was a more lengthy issue, a capacitor had leaked on the board and damaged it. I found a

good job, sometimes it is just a simple loose connector for a dead speedo, but glad you found the capacitor and got it sorted!

Comment

Hi Jim C
      I'm also a newbie to the group and ownership of Jap 4x4 let alone surf's, so welcome.

I spotted my Speedo briefly drop out the other day a couple of times but I think it was when my wipers started on intermittent so will monitor and hope it's an earth issue. If it isn't does the firm you issue

Comment

Hi Ben,

I took mine right out of the car and just took him the speedo, he doesn't need anything with it, not even the unit with the rev counter etc. It's quite easy to get it out if you haven't done it before
        Probably the best thing to do is email Rick and ask him. He is a very genuine bloke. I did have to

Comment

Working...
        X