• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dears

The scene,
    An old folks home,
    The reason,
    Its Nancys 100th birthday party,And the local paper have sent their top reporter,

Well Nancy,what do you attribute your long life to ?
    I have always eaten correctly,you know, lots of roughage in my diet,always remember young man to open your bowels at least once a day. I take lots of regular exercise,I do like the occasional glass of port,maybe a whiskey on the weekend.I go to church twice a week.I never gossip about my neighbours,and I always try to help them whenever I can,whatever the reason I seem to have had a fortunate life.I have been married twice,two lovely men,Joe died in 1942,North Africa,I lost him to a land mine,they only found his legs,he must have been thinking of me or they would have found more of him.I lost my second husband Tom about 15 years ago.Good man was Tom.
    Well Nancy,you seem to have had a good, long and eventful life,hows your health these days ??
    Cant grumble really,on the whole I have been as fit as a fiddle for most of my life ,

You mean to tell our readers that at the wonderful age of 100 you have hardly been ill at all,Have you never been bedridden

Oh no (says Nancy shyly)but I have been table ended a couple of times,but you wont print that will you young man.

Sorry,some idiot put this in the wrong section(ME),hopefully someone with brains will be along to transfer it
    Last edited by HONEST AL; 4 July 2011, 10:23.
Working...
X