• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaadd

I was recently
    diagnosed with AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my flower tubs in the front garden.

As I go to turn on the hose I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

I go to get the car keys from the porch and then notice the post on the porch table.

I decide to go through the post before I wash the car.

I put my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish first.

But then I think, I can run down to the post-box when I take out the rubbish, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only 1 cheque left.

My other cheque book is in the computer desk, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my other cheque book, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Coke is getting warm so I decide to put it in the fridge to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the window ledge catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Coke on the window ledge and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my computer desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I put the glasses back down on the window ledge, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. I must have have left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when I go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the living room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but some spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get a towel and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The flower tubs aren't watered;

The car isn't washed;

The bills aren't paid;

There is a warm can of Coke sitting on the window ledge;

The flowers in the vase don't have enough water;

There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book;

I can't find the remote;

I can't find my glasses;

I have absolutely NO idea what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to work out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.
    And that's another reason why I didn't get time to make that phone call I have been trying to get around to for about four weeks!

I realise this is a serious problem and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favour. Forward this message to everyone I know, because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

quality
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I,ve got CRAFT Syndrome. Its very similar. When I was told I had it I thought naturally, that it was named after the guy who discovered it or maybe the guy who was first diagnosed with it. It turns out to be a bit more mundane than that, but makes perfect sense. Its actually an acronym for

Cant Remember A Fu***ng Thing

Bogus
      Last edited by Bogus; 14 May 2008, 22:40.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
      X