Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomTom Gone 700

Thought you would all like a laugh.

Back in march I purchased a tomtom 700. I must say it is spot on!.... has a few minor issues but all in all I was verry pleased.

Thursday We left devon and headed upto bonnie Scotland. With the route already planned I just sat back and admired the nice views along the way.

Just north of Bristol the battery light flashed. (Well who charges their units before going on a long drive egh.........?)

No probs........... I reached into the glove box and pulled out my new car charger and plugged in.

A sunnden POP followed by a dead tomtom.

OH S***************************** ************************T

Guess who put the 12v phone charger in the 5V tomtom.

Had to spend the next four days with a good ol map working out where to go next.

If that wasn't bad enough when I got home I couldn't find my receipt. DOH..........

I phoned halfrauds where purchased from and they told me to take it into my local branch for a straight swap. I did only say it stopped working

The local branch wouldn't do anything about it, so off upto exeter I went. They were quick and polite. Grabbed a newen off the rack and swapped it their and then.

OHHHHHHHHHH, some of them are good......HAHAHAHAHA

SO _ Remeber........... ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CHARGER!!!!!!!!! You might not get the lucky helper at halfrauds next time AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

lol if i do anything like that ,i just say it stopped working, sorry navman lol
    who me ?? nah never touched it !!!
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

if they dont put an easily accessible and user replaceable fuse in em, then they can take the blame for it, i reckon. fuse = tuppence 'apny per item - do the math mr tom-tom (and all other electical manufacturers)
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
      X