yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surfs off the road but not off road the way I want it to be !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfs off the road but not off road the way I want it to be !

Surf is off the road after wife noticed an oil puddle by the back wheel, looked around and found it was coming from the wheel hub, went across and spoke to my neighbour who is a mechanic, comes and has a look

"looks like its your rear half-shaft seal has gone" he says
    "hmm" I say nodding my head in agreement trying to make out that was what I thought it was ( yea right ancl - like you know anything about cars )
    "could you sort it" I ask
    "yes you need to order the seals though and some brake pads as oil would have made them a bit slippy"
    Off I trot to grab the Milners catalogue
    "please point at the bits I need to get" and off I go to order the bits.

Anyway to cut a long story short, parts arrived and I get a text message to say I need to get a wheel bearing, so thats here tomorrow from Milners and all going well the Surf should be back on the road for the weekend.

Having to listen to the wife go on about her poor little baby looking sad on the driveway.....

So if the Surf's not ready for Devil's Pit I'm going to get Koi to attach a rope to my Mondeo and onto his Hilux and tow me around the site :-)

See you all Sunday
    Andy ( ancl )

This can be caused by a blocked diff breather , so you can ask your mate to check it and at least save a bit of face.
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
      This can be caused by a blocked diff breather , so you can ask your mate to check it and at least save a bit of face.

won't be blocked breathers, trust me
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        won't be blocked breathers, trust me
        I second that. The first thing I noticed was the funny smell when I put the dogs in the back. As we hadn't been for a walk yet I realised fairly quickly it was the diff oil and not them for a change
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
        X