Tyre Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Size

Getting some new tyres, currently have 265/70/15`s, is there anything to watch out for when fitting 31/10.5/15`s clearance, steering lock etc, tyre bloke said best stick to size you got? your expert opinions if you please
    Rick

Originally posted by mtber
    Getting some new tyres, currently have 265/70/15`s, is there anything to watch out for when fitting 31/10.5/15`s clearance, steering lock etc, tyre bloke said best stick to size you got? your expert opinions if you please

I've got 31/10.5/15 mud terrains fitted, no probs, no body or suspension lift.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 17 November 2004, 19:23.

Comment

Originally posted by mtber
      They will go straight on with no ill effects.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Seriously? Excellent, just been looking at white lettered tyres - for that 'kool' look as well as being hefty for off road when i start - and there seems to be a shortage of 265/70R15s especially Goodrichs. Just such a shame that the Bridgestone Dueler 693 31/10.5R15 look a million times better and (sure cost more fit!!!

Any comments on this tyre?
        ======
        Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

31x10.5x15 is the alternative size to 265/70/15
          I run on BRONCO'S myself.
          Attached Files
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Vehicle is used for show as well as upcoming offroad learning experiences so it has to have OWL or RWL. Not many about at the mo it would seem - might be wrong tho. Got a price 0f 91.50ish each for the MT Duelers anyone know anything better?
            ======

Comment

Mine are remoulds @ around £50 each
              www.bronco4x4.com
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Bronco also have a range of wheels available - which ones would be suitable for use on the Hilux Surf with the 31/10.5R15 tyres? I'm a little confused.

Bronco 4x4 Chroma Steel wheels
                ======

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
                  Bronco also have a range of wheels available - which ones would be suitable for use on the Hilux Surf with the 31/10.5R15 tyres? I'm a little confused.

Bronco 4x4 Chroma Steel wheels
                  You need to get the right backspacing for a Surf, its not the same as solid axle Hilux pickup, only the newer (98' on I think) IFS pickups. Otherwise 31's sometimes rub, but looks cool cos the tyres stick out the side about 2"
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Marshall AT's

As far as I know my suspension and body fit is standard and I have Marshall All Terrain 31x10.5's fitted with no rubbing and no problems. Add to that I thinks it's got a bit of a saggy back end - I plan to address that soon.

The Marshall's cost about £65 each fitted and balanced. Pretty reasonable I thought.

By the way, depending on where you live you might not want the lettering showing, especially with the higher priced tyres. It can make them very attractive to the odd light fingered and quick spannered individual!

Ben

Comment

bf goodrich

thanks all for the info, off to micheldevers in the morning to buy 4 31" goodrich a/t`s.
                      Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X