Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25mm and 30mm less butt sag!

Hi guys,
    Spent about 5 hours on friday changing both chunky monkey and my rear springs. Not bad going as it was the first time both of us had done this plus we had a few scares along the way (chunky monkeys original springs being longer than the new ones!! being the major worry).
    Anyway we managed it, an easy job if you get all the nuts etc loosened up first. We used the milner 20% stiffer spring and are both very happy with the results.
    Attached is a picture of the new spring next to chunky monkeys import springs and one of my 4 runner springs.
    Ride height increase (based from ground to bottom of wheel arch):
    Surf: 865/870 which went to 895 on both
    4 Runner: 840 and 860 which went to 870 and 890 (these evened up after sorting out the tyre pressure and a few other bits).

A good day was had by both, and we even managed to install a dvd player and monitor into the center console in the dark afterwards.

It was dark so we could not take pictures of the compleated job, they will follow soon.
    Attached Files

Looks like your springs were more knackered than Chunkys. The Longer the old ones are the more relaxed they are. My replacement ones were a good 1.5" (37.5mm) shorter but the back sits up anlmost 2" (52mm) higher (in old money).
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
    X