AIRBAG light won't turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIRBAG light won't turn off

hi everyone! i'm a new surf owner. got my surf from japan. it's a third gen kzn-185 surf ssr-x 3 liter manual tranny. my problem is when i purchased my surf the steering wheel was replaced by previous owner with momo. i've noticed that the airbag light wont shut off. i presumed that because the steering wheel was replaced, the driver side airbag is gone. so how can i disable the light? sometimes its a bit disturbing. any sugestions will be very much appreciated. and how can i check the passenger side airbag if its working? thanks
    Last edited by litol; 6 November 2004, 12:50. Reason: lacking info

That light stays on when it detects that one or both of the airbags are disconnected. Don't know if system remains active if only one is disconnected though. Don't know how to test airbags either! If you really want to stop the light i suppose you could take the bulb out.

Comment

test by running into a wall dead fast... if the airbag deploys then it is working... but hard to fold back up again... that's a job for a mum!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by litol
        hi everyone! i'm a new surf owner. got my surf from japan. it's a third gen kzn-185 surf ssr-x 3 liter manual tranny. my problem is when i purchased my surf the steering wheel was replaced by previous owner with momo. i've noticed that the airbag light wont shut off. i presumed that because the steering wheel was replaced, the driver side airbag is gone. so how can i disable the light? sometimes its a bit disturbing. any sugestions will be very much appreciated. and how can i check the passenger side airbag if its working? thanks
        dead easy mate just pull dash cluster out and remove bulbfrom behind
        I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
        (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
          dead easy mate just pull dash cluster out and remove bulbfrom behind
          woops forgot to explain with part of srs system removed it,s the only to disable unwanted warning light
          I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
          (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

I would get it checked out at a dealer as the passenger air bag may be disabled or have a fault. Removing the bulb would simply hide any faults in future with the other air bag. It might be just a case that Toyota need to reset the srs system on a diagnostic tool and all will be fine. I would ask for their opinion if I were you.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
              X