3rd Gen. query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen. query

Having enjoyed myself lurking for a couple of months, I've decided to take the plunge.........Hoping I can pick your brains for some advice. (Forgive me if anything like this has been mentioned anywhere else on the Forum. Like I say, I've been 'hiding' for 2 months and I haven't found it yet?).

I'm looking at 3rd Gen.'s and spotted a beauty for £10,495. Structurally sound, interior immaculate, associated bells and whistles all in working order. Engine bay clean as a whistle and undersealed body. Cat.1 alarm and immobiliser.

Dealer has offered me £4,500 for my 94M Mitsubishi FTO, (quality, considering I only wanted £4,900 for it anyway!).

My only problem is that it's got 108Km's on the clock. I know, from reading posts on here and various other places, that the 3.0TD engine is rock solid and 70,000 miles is but a mere drop in the ocean by todays standards, but I just wanted to see what you lot thought? I have seen same year model's, not as nice but with less mileage for a similar price.

Has Cupid struck already or is my heart ruling my head?

TIA

hagakare...........

Originally posted by hagakare
    Having enjoyed myself lurking for a couple of months, I've decided to take the plunge.........Hoping I can pick your brains for some advice. (Forgive me if anything like this has been mentioned anywhere else on the Forum. Like I say, I've been 'hiding' for 2 months and I haven't found it yet?).

I'm looking at 3rd Gen.'s and spotted a beauty for £10,495. Structurally sound, interior immaculate, associated bells and whistles all in working order. Engine bay clean as a whistle and undersealed body. Cat.1 alarm and immobiliser.

Dealer has offered me £4,500 for my 94M Mitsubishi FTO, (quality, considering I only wanted £4,900 for it anyway!).

My only problem is that it's got 108Km's on the clock. I know, from reading posts on here and various other places, that the 3.0TD engine is rock solid and 70,000 miles is but a mere drop in the ocean by todays standards, but I just wanted to see what you lot thought? I have seen same year model's, not as nice but with less mileage for a similar price.

Has Cupid struck already or is my heart ruling my head?

TIA

hagakare...........
    what year is the 3rd gen?
    if you want £4,900 then ask him for £4,900!!
    can get far lower mileage but do a check with BIMTA to make sure it's correct!...
    havge a really good look round before you commit!... after all, 10k's a lotta money!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

3rd.Gen query?

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      what year is the 3rd gen?
      if you want £4,900 then ask him for £4,900!!
      can get far lower mileage but do a check with BIMTA to make sure it's correct!...
      havge a really good look round before you commit!... after all, 10k's a lotta money!
      Thankya for the swift response.

Aye, I already asked him for £4,900, expecting him to come back with about £3,500 which is what some toe-rags have offered, so I was reasonably happy with 4.5. Not had a sniff at £4.9 for the FTO and that's after being in Auto-Trader for 2 weeks and advertised in other media.

I'll take a look at BIMTA though, thanks

Comment

I would say £10,495 is a tad expensive for a model with 108kms on the clock, most dealers appear to have them for about £9500-£9995.............but!!, you don't say what year it is???... I expect its '96-'97

I would expect to pay around the £9500 mark for an intercooled 3rd gen from a dealer as they hold their money a bit more at the top end.

Is it the intercooled model??

Comment

70,000 Miles..................barely run in.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

3rd.Gen query?

Originally posted by Fieldsy
            I would say £10,495 is a tad expensive for a model with 108kms on the clock, most dealers appear to have them for about £9500-£9995.............but!!, you don't say what year it is???... I expect its '96-'97

I would expect to pay around the £9500 mark for an intercooled 3rd gen from a dealer as they hold their money a bit more at the top end.

Is it the intercooled model??
            Yep, sorry......it's a 97P SSR-G, IC.

I managed to get 6 months road tax and a tank of diesel,(I know, Big Deal ), but I think I'll hold out for £4.9k for the Mitsi.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by hagakare
              Yep, sorry......it's a 97P SSR-G, IC.

I managed to get 6 months road tax and a tank of diesel,(I know, Big Deal ), but I think I'll hold out for £4.9k for the Mitsi.

Thanks again.
              that's a tad pricey for that year...
              i'd imagine 9500-10000 tops would be more like it.

they were at 10,000 a year ago when i bought mine... but there again i still see tham at up to 13,995!!!

but there again, if it's undersealed and has a cat 1 alarm then you're looking at about £495 worth anyway.... has it got a UK spec stereo? get him to stick one in it and a warranty. then it wouldn't be such a bad deal!
              and go over it with a fine toothed comb and find any little details that you can hammer the price on.
              Last edited by da SLUG man; 31 October 2004, 18:58.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

3rd Gen

Hi my wifes 3rd Gen has 188.000kms on it and it just "PURRS" along l could "CLOCK" it and you would not know the difference but l am "HONEST".
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  that's a tad pricey for that year...
                  i'd imagine 9500-10000 tops would be more like it.

they were at 10,000 a year ago when i bought mine... but there again i still see tham at up to 13,995!!!

but there again, if it's undersealed and has a cat 1 alarm then you're looking at about £495 worth anyway.... has it got a UK spec stereo? get him to stick one in it and a warranty. then it wouldn't be such a bad deal!
                  and go over it with a fine toothed comb and find any little details that you can hammer the price on.
                  Thanks again for all the helpful info fellas. Yep, no band expander needed, I already asked him for UK spec. CD. Basic 3 month warranty as per. Still some negotiating needed on my part I fancy, such as extending to 12 month warranty and fine tooth combing.

I think I'm in Love though.............

(Forgot to mention....it's got this 'headlight turning on in tunnels and dusk sensor type thingy'. How much is that worth? )

Comment

To be perfectly honest now that you've described everything it sounds a good buy with all the extra gizmos. Alarm for one thing isn't gonna be short of £200-£300 quid for a CAT1, decent basic uk spec cd/radio, another £80-150 quids worth..............so all in all not bad, just try to get it down a bit more................and if its tidy? go for it

Comment

If you manage to get the extra 9 months warranty, then your'e half to getting the extra £400 you wanted for the Mitsi. Have a good look at the tyres inc the spare, some times the Surfs stand for long periods of time ie docks, forecourt etc. This could be a good bartering point too. For a good set of tyres can cost upto £500+

Comment

also tool kit should be under rear seat behind driver, lift up with the small flap at the back of the seat "cushion" and it should be hiding there

Comment

I have 165000ks on my 3rd gen and it just purrs like a pussy cat it had 127000ks on when I bought it. The dealer could have clocked it and I would not have known. The 3.0 diesel motor is just run in at 100000 miles. If its what you want and the deal is sweet go for it.
                          Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i have 166000kms on a 2nd gen
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                            X