The Gry Riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gry Riddle

"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

language

Comment

Comment

personally i would of said orgy... lol
        "[COLOR=Navy]Yeah but th[/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo]ats like, y[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]our op[/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]inion man... [/COLOR]"

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude
          personally i would of said orgy... lol

GRY ???
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

OGRY !
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

"[COLOR=Navy]Yeah but th[/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo]ats like, y[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]our op[/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]inion man... [/COLOR]"

Comment

aggry: variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture, mentioned by various 19th-century writers as having been found buried in parts of Africa.

begry: an obsolete 15th-century spelling of the word 'beggary' (i.e., extreme poverty).

conyngry: an obsolete 17th-century spelling of the even more obsolete word 'conynger' (like 'cunningaire' and 'conygarth,' a term meaning 'rabbit warren').

gry: a unit of measurement proposed by English philosopher John Locke in his 1690 "Essay Concerning Human Understanding."

higry-pigry: a corruption (along with 'hickery-pickery' and 'hicra picra') of the Greek 'hiera picra' (approximately 'sacred bitters'), a term for many medicines in the Greek pharmacopoeia, particularly a purgative drug composed of aloes and canella bark.

iggry: an early 20th century British army slang borrowing from the Arabic 'ijri, meaning 'Hurry up!"

meagry: a rare and obsolete early 17th-century variant meaning 'meager-looking.'

menagry: obsolete 18th-century alternate spelling of 'menagerie.'

nangry: a rare and obsolete 17th-century variant of 'angry.'

podagry: a 17th-century variant spelling of 'podagra,' a medical lexicon term for 'gout.'

puggry: a 19th-century alternate spelling of 'puggaree' or 'puggree,' derived from the Hindi 'pagri,' a word for a light turban or head covering worn in India.

skugry: a 16th-century variant spelling of 'scuggery,' meaning 'concealment' or 'secrecy.'

Comment

There are only three words in the English language.
                  Well thats seen to it mate
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    aggry: variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture, mentioned by various 19th-century writers as having been found buried in parts of Africa.

begry: an obsolete 15th-century spelling of the word 'beggary' (i.e., extreme poverty).

conyngry: an obsolete 17th-century spelling of the even more obsolete word 'conynger' (like 'cunningaire' and 'conygarth,' a term meaning 'rabbit warren').

gry: a unit of measurement proposed by English philosopher John Locke in his 1690 "Essay Concerning Human Understanding."

higry-pigry: a corruption (along with 'hickery-pickery' and 'hicra picra') of the Greek 'hiera picra' (approximately 'sacred bitters'), a term for many medicines in the Greek pharmacopoeia, particularly a purgative drug composed of aloes and canella bark.

iggry: an early 20th century British army slang borrowing from the Arabic 'ijri, meaning 'Hurry up!"

meagry: a rare and obsolete early 17th-century variant meaning 'meager-looking.'

menagry: obsolete 18th-century alternate spelling of 'menagerie.'

nangry: a rare and obsolete 17th-century variant of 'angry.'

podagry: a 17th-century variant spelling of 'podagra,' a medical lexicon term for 'gout.'

puggry: a 19th-century alternate spelling of 'puggaree' or 'puggree,' derived from the Hindi 'pagri,' a word for a light turban or head covering worn in India.

skugry: a 16th-century variant spelling of 'scuggery,' meaning 'concealment' or 'secrecy.'
                    er?, I hardly think so

The word is something that everyone uses every day, your now stretching the imagination

Comment

Working...
                    X