silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly question

in anticipation of my new surf - which i'm now hoping to collect on thursday - i had a thought about the drive system.

i know that is a 2wd for normal driving and 4wd for off road conditions, but when its in 2wd is it front or rear drive?

adam
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Rear.
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

flippin' eck. that was quick!

thanks greebo.
      adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

In answer to your question ...

Originally posted by lightningad
        in anticipation of my new surf - which i'm now hoping to collect on thursday - i had a thought about the drive system.

i know that is a 2wd for normal driving and 4wd for off road conditions, but when its in 2wd is it front or rear drive?

adam
        Here is my silly answer - "It depends which way you are looking at the vehicle !"

Comment

Originally posted by surfin
          Here is my silly answer - "It depends which way you are looking at the vehicle !"
          or if you go backwards a lot hey
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

adam
            Actually as yours is a 3rd gen you will have the option of 4wd on the road too, not just 4wd off road.

And yep - I agree with the general concensus that its Rear wheel drive in 2WD...
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Bump bump bump

Originally posted by pops
              or if you go backwards a lot hey
              I,m not much good going backwards with the van on the back I keep hitting things (old broken neck war wound u c) I,m really fed up with constantly buying fibre glass kits to repair the damage Still the Spanish dont seem to mind they all do the same as me

Comment

i same mate good job spare on back must get some reversing sensors one year hey
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                  i same mate good job spare on back must get some reversing sensors one year hey
                  That's why I stick with the Devils Pit spare tyre cover. That's my parking sensor for when I put the truck in the garage. It has a slightly worn patch near the bottom where it hits the wall.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Actually as yours is a 3rd gen you will have the option of 4wd on the road too, not just 4wd off road.

ooh goodie!

the garage didn't tell me that - i think they must be used to selling loads of 2nd gen's. I take it then the third gens have some kind of slip diff or something like that? (is it obvious that i'm talking crap here and haven't a clue what i'm saying?)

adam
                    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

ooh goodie!

the garage didn't tell me that - i think they must be used to selling loads of 2nd gen's. I take it then the third gens have some kind of slip diff or something like that? (is it obvious that i'm talking crap here and haven't a clue what i'm saying?)

adam
                      Centre Diff.

Neville

Comment

Working...
                      X