Help on breather pipes for a 2.4TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on breather pipes for a 2.4TD

Can anybody help? Do you know if there is any more breather pipes other than the one from the one at the top of the engine coming from the rocker cover, is there a sump breather anywhere. My surf is a 2.4td LN130 engine.
    Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.
    Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

In a word no, not that I could find anyway. If its an old motor, chances are that the filter breather in the top of the cover is blocked. Remove and swill in petrol. ( the filter, not yourself!)

Mine was completely solid. Breathes better now. See piccies.

Derek

I'm very sorry, I've lost the piccys.
    First remove rocker cover. You will see a tin covering fastened down with small self tappers. Remove, then prize the tin cover away. It won't like it, but you've no choice. Try not to damage it too much. After that you will see the filter. it slides out.
    Clean and return.
    Hope this is fairly clear.

Derek

Comment

Hi Derek cheers for that but not sure that will be the answer, I seem to have a prob with oil coming from the turbo even worse than it was before it was repaired, checked the breather pipe, took it off and stuck my finger over the hole in rocker cover, and it built up pressure. somebody told me it shouldn't do that and that there might be another breather blocked as it seems to breath through the turbo intake but not inwards, but outwards. Cant quite weigh it up.
      Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Mine does the same. Builds up pressure and pumps oil into the air manifold.. I asked my mechanic, who said it that it sometimes happens after the heads are changed.

Unitl I can figure out what it is, I've disconneted the breather pipe.
        I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Working...
        X