No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I've just joined this Surf forum. Very pleased with the car so far - especially as I had a Sportrak before?!? I'll be looking to do some basic mods before too long, upgrading orange lenses to clear, bug guard, etc etc... will post a picture soon.

The only niggles I've had with the vehicle are: -

1) Can't work out how to replace the rear wiper blade - the 4runner replacement from Halfrauds doesn't fit?

2) The key is a remote locking type but after replacing the battery it still doesn't work?

Scanned the FAQ's but no joy - any ideas...

Also, just found out the little plastic clips under the passenger foot-well are for holding a flare - how cool is that!!! There are some great websites out there for 4runners mainly with oodles of accessories, who should I send the links to to appear on this website list of links (if interested?)

Nathan

Originally posted by Foggyv2
    .....1) Can't work out how to replace the rear wiper blade - the 4runner replacement from Halfrauds doesn't fit?.....
    The 4Runner that Halfrauds list will refer only to the 2nd Gen models, as they were the only versions sold in the UK, The 3rd Gen uses a different rear wiper. Try removing your rear wiper first, and bring it to a proper motor factors who should easily be able to match one up for you.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

The blade Halfords sell for the rear wiper does'nt fit the 4Runner either. It's too skinny and it will twist and allow the mounting clips to scratch your rear window.

Comment

Working...
      X