chunk missing/now to be sorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chunk missing/now to be sorted

this is for TONY, and all those that read my thread,something for you all to remember should it happen to you, and lets hope you do not HIT anything.
    following my thread on STEERINGLOCKED UP and a single reply, tony thanks i would now like to point out what the big problem was.......... having stripped out the rad and pipe work the fan and removal of all belts, loosend the air con unit and removed the front underneath guards............IT WAS THE .......CRANK PULLEY.....the locking nut had come loose the woodruff key chewed alittle but a large chunk had broken of the wheel.
    so now to refit a pulley wheel,i will replace all the belts and a new timing belt,
    to go along with all mynew oil/fluids that have been replaced.
    AND BOBS YOUR UNCLE, hope this helps some one one day

now to find a pulley wheel, of any surf as all match with the same ref number
    according to milners, but do not want to pay there asking price, so any help
    as to were can i get a pulley wheel from??????????
    any one breaking a surf or as?
    have tried streetluge chris but he is a hard man to get hold off, though he sorted me out with a prop. wanted some other bits but not got back to me,
    i will still try him though.

You could try Hilux Bob he may have the parts you need

Comment

or ring the guy advertising the surf for breaking

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

thanks but thinking on now, prob will buy new just to be on the safe side, another,170.00 in all with the extras

Comment

Jeez but that must have scary. I'm imagining what it would feel like to be cornering and braking and having the whole lot go dead. I'd say my first reaction would be to stand on the brake pedal and avoid kids and pedestrians but you'd be lucky not to hit or be hit in one way or another.

Comment

Working...
          X