yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half working stereo. Any good to anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half working stereo. Any good to anyone??

I've just had the stereo that came with my surf removed and my own one put in. Just thought I'd ask if was any good to anyone before I chuck it out.

It's a japanese (lots of silly writing over it) Sony with tape and CD player. The radio definitely works, although it only goes to 90 on FM, but the garage told me they had put some adaptor thingy (bear with me, I'm a girlie and therefore don't do technical!) in it so it will pick up radio stations on a lower frequency. ie my local station is 102.7 but was able to pick it up on 84.2. The first time I put a CD in it, it wouldn't play and I couldn't get it out, but 'the bloke' managed to do it, just not sure how, it also kept coming up 'press reset'. The front comes down, which is where the tape player is, I have not tested this, so do not know whether it works or not. In fact, as I'm typing this, the whole thing sounds pretty crap, doesn't it??!! Oh well, I just thought if there was anyone who is quite good at fiddling with stereos, they are more than welcome to it.

I live near Spalding in South Lincolnshire, but am visiting my parents near Maidenhead, Berkshire next weekend (29/30th) if anyone is close enough by to pick it up.
    Attached Files

they would put a band expander on it, which extends the frequencies of the jap unit to enable it to receive higher frequency stations (which are the majority of uk stations).

You've done the right thing in getting rid and installing a UK unit

Comment

Working...
    X