BBC Watchdog - Japanese Imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Watchdog - Japanese Imports

Has anyone else seen this? I received it this morning in an Email from a Mate, and decided to put it on here for the benefit of others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/guides_to/carfraud/
    Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

OLD NEWS! New legislation was passed & INTERPOL got involved New laws where passed in japan & Europe on imports which brought more stringent checks on Chassis no's etc.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

In the car Insurance game , we are still finding stolen vehicles in the claims . Some cars are imported still with all the owners personal belongings in , thieves have not even bothered to clean them out before shipping .

Umbrellas , cheque books , kids seats , toys etc........
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

A vehicle would have to be quite new and way above average value for anyone to make a serious attempt at recovering it. If it happens at all its going to be along the lines of a UK company (baliffs, debt collectors, etc) buying the title to the vehicle for a nominal sum and then trying to repossess it or extract money from the current keeper. I dont think its ever actually happened or that its likely to.

Back home my family have 3 newish Nissan buses that were allegedly stolen in Hong Kong. HKMTA haven't made more than a token effort to recover them despite the new value being well over HK$1 Million. They recently offered to transfer the legal title to us for 10% of the original value. We rejected this as bought them in good faith and we didn't see any compelling reason to pay.

Comment

Working...
        X