battery life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery life

What is the life expectancy of a "no maintenance" battery?Mine has "1995" written on it,so prob the original(1996)is failure imminent?
    Powered by ????

I wouldnt worry about it till it goes, then again if your feeling flush - splash out!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Toyota batterys tend to be the longest lasting batterys I have ever known . When I worked as a mechanic I would change most batterys with a life of 3-5 years , but the Toyota ones seemed to last up to 9- 12 years !

Do not know about the newer battery life of Toyota ones as not working on shop floor anymore .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Don't know about the 2nd gens but the 3rd gens often came with white Panasonic batteries. As Rick said, I've heard they often last 10 years depending on how well they've been treated. Mine still had one of the original Panasonics and a smaller Fuji in it til Jan this year. I swapped them for new Vartas though so they were both matched and in a known condition.

Comment

My ex Shelleys original 93' 4Runner batt just died last week.

So you got 2 years left!

Funnily enough, one of Linda's died early this year, and her's is a 94', so it could be 'many a true work spoken in jest'.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X