LCD Television for £1.29???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Television for £1.29???

browsing through "Frugal" i found this https://sslrelay.com/s103648867.onea...D28HT0060%3D29

Now i remember Amazon (or someone) got in trouble over mispriced Kodak camers a year or two back - so is it worth putting in an order?

From the terms & conditions on the site.......

1.2 No contract exists between you and the Supplier for the sale of any goods until the Supplier has received and accepted your order and the Supplier has received payment in full (in cleared funds). Once the Supplier does so, there is a binding legal contract between us.

Comment

what is the name of the search site you used went through all the buying proceedure and with postage was going to cost me around 48 quid is it an english site?????
      Last edited by firefly; 23 October 2004, 22:27.
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Can you tell me how you got to find it i typed in frugal came up with a load off rubish ;have you ordered one to see what happens

Comment

claire this is the site you need
          https://sslrelay.com/halkintechnolog...dex.shopscript
          i went right through to the using my debit card stage and it was going to cost 43 quid but didnt have the bottle to go ahead just in case it was a scam????? real price should be £1.289
          Last edited by firefly; 23 October 2004, 22:44.

Comment

It was the frugal (part of google) website that came up with it - i put in a search for "lcd tv" and i think it was on the 3rd or 4th page in. Am sure there was a thing with Kodak camera's being wrongly priced at amazon a couple of years back (they were advertised as £100 and were supposed to be £300 i think). Their terms and conditions said that the contract was not accepted until the item had been dispatched so they got away with not supplying them for the £100 (i think quite a few thousand people had placed orders). Anyone else remember that or am i talking out of my hat as usual? Anyway - not too sure about the terms and conditions on that website - they dont seem to make much sense to me - Turandot's quote from the T&C's seems to suggest that if they take the payment and it goes through then they have accepted the contract? I dunno - its obviously a misprint but i know amazon got into some hot water over the kodak camera thing and it was only the "contract is not accepted until item has been dispatched" clause in the T&C's that got them off the hook!

Comment

Well have just been mad enough to give it a go i think they have covered there backs well it says in the agreement if they have put the wrong price on the item they will refund the money but my sister works in retail and if they put the wrong price on something they have to let it go for that price lets see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by claire
                Well have just been mad enough to give it a go i think they have covered there backs well it says in the agreement if they have put the wrong price on the item they will refund the money but my sister works in retail and if they put the wrong price on something they have to let it go for that price lets see what happens.
                Let us know how you get on - i will kick myself in the goolies for not going for it if you are successful!

Comment

me too

Comment

A word of warning about this site

I started to place an order last night, but chickened out half way (when I saw the £40 p&p charge!) I just had an email from Grimreeper (cheers Jon) saying that he went in and the site was displaying my personal details. Luckily I hadn't entered any credit card info.

Stay safe.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Well just got an email back saying my order had been cancelled because the wrong price was on the item.It was worth a try

Comment

Working...
                      X