Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!.......

now i'm getting really cheesed off.

I paid my deposit over 5 weeks ago for my new Surf. I took it out for a test drive, and just had to have it. (just look at the piccy under my name...thats the one and its lovely!!)

As it was new in the country (i think it was only here about a week before i saw it) it hadn't been SVA'd. Should have it in a couple of weeks said the garage.

But delays ensued - "paperwork delayed", then "SVA centre is backed up for a few weeks"...then i was told alls well and it should be yours on 23rd Oct. Great...I can start to get giddy again.

Last night i hear from the garage....sorry not this weekend. WHAT???

SVA overlords have decided to do an audiit on the testing station, and want to keep hold of my vehicle so they can double check the station is doing its job properly.
    !!!!!! wonderful! Don't suppose those bureaucratic tosspots give a damn about who they screw around....And they'll no doubt laugh in my face if i demand compensation.

My car is sold now, and is going on Sunday....fortunately the garage have sorted me out a loaner for the week but i'm still seething.

This ever happen to anyone else?

adam

"silly keeps you sane"

It's just like being a kiddy again.....waiting for christmas................never mind man, seems like your just being unlucky..............it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

it felt like christmas for the first couple of weeks...then it became a drag waiting, Now it feels like mum and dad have cancelled christmas altogether!

I think i just had to vent my frustrations. The garage seem to have done all they can to help....its just the damned bureaucrats....oh bugger, i'm starting again. Better go and calm down somewhere else!

adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Sva

Originally posted by lightningad
        now i'm getting really cheesed off.

I paid my deposit over 5 weeks ago for my new Surf. I took it out for a test drive, and just had to have it. (just look at the piccy under my name...thats the one and its lovely!!)

As it was new in the country (i think it was only here about a week before i saw it) it hadn't been SVA'd. Should have it in a couple of weeks said the garage.

But delays ensued - "paperwork delayed", then "SVA centre is backed up for a few weeks"...then i was told alls well and it should be yours on 23rd Oct. Great...I can start to get giddy again.

Last night i hear from the garage....sorry not this weekend. WHAT???

SVA overlords have decided to do an audiit on the testing station, and want to keep hold of my vehicle so they can double check the station is doing its job properly.
        !!!!!! wonderful! Don't suppose those bureaucratic tosspots give a damn about who they screw around....And they'll no doubt laugh in my face if i demand compensation.

My car is sold now, and is going on Sunday....fortunately the garage have sorted me out a loaner for the week but i'm still seething.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Hi something does not smell right there "overlords" want to hang on to your vehicle for a few weeks longer to check out the testing station????????
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Same happened when mine was SVA'd. The SVA centre had people off sick, then they only had a set number of slots daily for "general" SVA and a lot of Block bookings for major importers. I was getting really p**sed off waiting so I actually rang the SVA centre directly to see if my dealer was stringing me along. Nice lady there corroborated everything dealer had said - took 6 weeks in the end. BUT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!

Yours looks lovely so hang in there!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

yep, same happened to me m8 on my first surf, sva took !!!!!! ages, began to smell a rat, but it seems they don't rush for anyone. I began to think the dealer was hiding something, but its just the way it goes sometimes.

Hang in there,you'll get it eventually

Comment

i think the garage is not trying to pull anything here. They do seem a professional establishment and have given no signs of doing anything dodgy.

I really think it is just a case of being damned unlucky with the SVA place so far.

Anyway, they get no more money until i get the car!
              adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Ahhh,its such a nice truck, the garage is using it daily for joy rides etc. LOL
                CURRY-ER

Comment

YEP me and ohsupremebeing have been offroading at barton this afternoon in it NICE TRUCK
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    YEP me and ohsupremebeing have been offroading at barton this afternoon in it NICE TRUCK
                    Is that who I saw whilst waiting in traffic going over Barton Bridge.

Damn but you pushed that thing to the limits, how many time did it roll over eventualy? He he.

Fish
                    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

that ain't as annoying as the reality - the !!!!!! car they loaned me until the truck surfaces decided to drop its exhaust pipe in the middle of nowhere this morning. Had to drag the damn thing for 8 miles befor ei could get to a garage who could strap it up for me.

would have done it myself only not being my car i had none of the usual crap in the boot for just such needy times!
                      adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                        I was getting really p**sed off waiting so I actually rang the SVA centre directly to see if my dealer was stringing me along. Nice lady there corroborated everything dealer had said - took 6 weeks in the end. BUT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!
                        I thought i'd try that Linda, but just got an officious jobsworth - wouldn't tell me anything except that they have it. Said that because i hadn't ordered the test its not my business and then said its because of the "Official Secrets" act ??? I think the fool meant Data Protection Act, unless my car has some extra gadgets the garage haven't mentioned!

mr angry (and getting angrier by the day!
                        adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by lightningad
                          I thought i'd try that Linda, but just got an officious jobsworth - wouldn't tell me anything except that they have it. Said that because i hadn't ordered the test its not my business and then said its because of the "Official Secrets" act ??? I think the fool meant Data Protection Act, unless my car has some extra gadgets the garage haven't mentioned!

mr angry (and getting angrier by the day!
                          Hehe - I must have been lucky! At least you know they have it and the garage isnt out offroading it!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X