#*%$@**# Banks !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #*%$@**# Banks !!

I wanted to pay off my small personal loan last week, so I phoned the bank and arranged for them to debit £3500 from my account. They said no probs but it will take 4 working days, No problem said I.
    I went to check my account this morning just to make sure it had been taken.
    It sure has been taken !! they have debited £18,000 from my account !!!!!!!

As you can guess I was not happy, I've spent the whole day trying to get it all sorted. Lost 3 days work and a contract because I couldn't buy materials cos I was 14,000 overdrawn at the bank.
    Should I try to get some compo off them for all the agro ? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a 3rd gen as compensation.

Not a happy chappy, tho I did cheer up this evening when I saw a nova full of chavs being pulled by the coppers. Chuckle !

Andy.

Originally posted by bobafatass
    I wanted to pay off my small personal loan last week, so I phoned the bank and arranged for them to debit £3500 from my account. They said no probs but it will take 4 working days, No problem said I.
    I went to check my account this morning just to make sure it had been taken.
    It sure has been taken !! they have debited £18,000 from my account !!!!!!!

As you can guess I was not happy, I've spent the whole day trying to get it all sorted. Lost 3 days work and a contract because I couldn't buy materials cos I was 14,000 overdrawn at the bank.
    Should I try to get some compo off them for all the agro ? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a 3rd gen as compensation.

Not a happy chappy, tho I did cheer up this evening when I saw a nova full of chavs being pulled by the coppers. Chuckle !

Andy.
    NOVA?? CHAVS??............TONY???

Comment

If you can prove that you have lost business I am pretty certain that you will be able to claim compo!...even if not go to town!!
      Gaz

Comment

def worth it mate! its caused you grief i'd get them to sort something out
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

just asked my mate who works in banking and he said you are entitled to compensation and if you lost work or a job as a direct result of ther cock up it should be a sizable amount depending on how much you lost
          TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

Update !!!

They transfered the momey taken back into my account last night.
            Then the direct debit bounced back as well, I now have £18,000 in the bank instead of being £18,000 overdrawn.
            I aint telling them !! I'll just let it sit there earning interest, till they realise.What a bunch of muppets.

Does anyone know how long I can keep it in there till it becomes legaly mine ?

3rd gen,3rd gen,3rd gen,3rd gen,3rd gen,

Andy.

Comment

well... at least you didn't have to travel to west brom to take over £250 out!...

chav meant something completely different till about 6 months ago!!... now it's all over the place!!... dirty buggaz!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Banks

Hi l got £25 compo last year for £200-00 being taken out of one of my savings account by mistake, and told it would not happen "AGAIN". BUT it did in "JULY" this year where the same account was cleared out. l have had the money refunded and so far been offered "£25" then "£50" leatest offer is "£100" so if you stick with it you may get your lost wages "GOOD LUCK"
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                  Update !!!

They transfered the momey taken back into my account last night.
                  Then the direct debit bounced back as well, I now have £18,000 in the bank instead of being £18,000 overdrawn.
                  I aint telling them !! I'll just let it sit there earning interest, till they realise.What a bunch of muppets.

Does anyone know how long I can keep it in there till it becomes legaly mine ?

3rd gen,3rd gen,3rd gen,3rd gen,3rd gen,

Andy.

Unfortunately it doesnt become yours....if your not careful you could be done for theft and then trying to prove the other way that u did not know it was there....its like someone accidentally putting money in your account and u spending it...don't leave it too long!!
                  Gaz

Comment

A local solicitor has just had his sentencing adjourned. He had £80,000 paid into his account by mistake and sat on it for three months. He then spent it. Despite him having paid back over £60K so far and relatives/friends pledging the difference he amy still go down.

Let 'em sweat for a couple of days though !! It's their mistake.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X