No power to electric Aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to electric Aerial

Went through a really big puddle at speed a couple of weeks ago.
    Stereo was on but playing a CD with aerial down. Ever since then I cannot get the aerial to go up. I have been searching the forum and there seems to be loads of people trying to replace aerials but none with a no power issue.
    I read that there is a fused relay which controls the power, where might I find this or indeed any other fuses that control power to the aerial.

I have disconnect the plug under the inner wing, and switched radio on with meter connected, definately no power. Already dismantled the whole of the inside of the car to get at the stereo, the fuse on the back of the stereo and in the fuse in the footwell all seem to be fine.

What Next?

Not having taken the radio out of my surf, I'm not sure of the wiring to the aerial but on most UK radios there is a yellow wire from the back of the radio which is used to power the electric aerial. If you have power in the yellow wire then presumably there is a break in the circuit between that wire and the aerial. The aerial may have a relay to power it as the power from the yellow wire may not be sufficient on its own.

Again, not sure without looking but have you checked the fuses in the drivers footwell. Could be that the yellow wire is powering a relay but the relay isn't getting power from the fuse (if all that makes sense).
    Mike G

Comment

No power

Thanks Tallyman, Gonna take every fuse out I can find a check each one.
      I have now at least got a diagram posted in a different thread to work to.

Comment

Aerial relay is brown box mounted on support bracket above brake pedal.On right side if I remember correctly.One on left (forget the colour) is ADD relay.

Neville

Comment

Now Sorted

Found the Brown relay box and removed it, checked inside nothing out of the ordinary. Plugged it back in powered the Stereo back on and the aerial went up!! I can only assume that there was a dodgy connection somewhere and all the pulling around I have done has fixed it.

Many Thanks for the Help!

Will be able to listen to traffic news again!!

Comment

orange or blue for power antenna... yellow if for one of the +ve feeds.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Humming ..

Try humming to yourself as a substitute ...

Comment

Working...
              X