• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no waves

i live in telford and have seen quite a few surfs going around
    when i see 1 i give them a wave but all i get is funny looks
    away from my area i always get a responce
    why dont telford surf owners wave ,is there any on here ,loose the stiff upper lip and let your hair down it dont hurt
    carl
    Baner

I know what you mean.

I've acknowledged a few round here (Blackpool) - getting nothing in response Maybe your co-Telforders are clogging up the North West Riviera at the moment, what with the greatest show on earth going on (the Illuminations).

Otherwise, they could do what I'm guilty of sometimes - driving completely oblivious to the opposite lane (sorry if I missed anyone on here )

I often get a dig from the Mrs along the lines of "a Surf!, nice shade of blue too" and have to see it in my mirror
    NorthWestDirt
    [aka Paul]

Comment

Forgot to say, get a couple of 'nods' too (must be the friendly locals that see each other? ) By no mean does everyone ignore me
      NorthWestDirt
      [aka Paul]

Comment

Saw a burgundy Surf like mine last Fridayat Slip End, Nr Luton. I had got so used to no response that I was suprised by the driver putting his hand up. I belatedly waved back. If you are reading this thread, I do apologise.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

i know what u mean i get it all the time

thought it must be just me!!
          ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Happened around here in Farnworth/Walkden. Coming from work now and again wave at a few vehicles with a look of what the hell coming back at me!...
            Gaz

Comment

We always wave at other 'Surfers' ,but they never wave back . Maybe we don't have enough chrome/bling on ours

Got a smile from a guy in Colton , Leeds today .He was in a 3 litre red/burgundy Surf , can't remember the year ,it must have been the shock of another Surfer acknowledging out existence !

Comment

Saw a white Surf in Blackpool last week and the guy waved but I only just realised as I turned right at the lights and dont think he caught my acknowledgement. So

Fish
                If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Since I got my Surf, I don't seem to see any others on the road, saw lots in the weeks prior to getting it though.

I was just wondering though, is there an accepted level of wave? Should it be a casual flick of the had and an associated knowing smile , or should it be a frantic arms flying around wave accompanied by a manic grin ???

I need to know!!!
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Definately the latter

You can always get the passenger to grab the wheel until you're safely back in your seat!
                    NorthWestDirt
                    [aka Paul]

Comment

usually get a wave in return - even if they look a little confused - but the next time they'll be ready I reckon.
                      Dave

Comment

It is a bit dissapointing as when I was in my landrover there was invariably some form of acknowledgement and they are'nt exactly a rare beast.
                        I would have thought that as we surf owners are a far more exclusive crowd there would have been a far higher level of response!
                        Anyhow,i'll keep trying at the risk of the men in white coats spotting my frantic actions and silly grin!
                        A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Funny you should say that Keef , we've had more waves off Landy owners than Surfers

Love your avatar btw ! Is it your dog?

Alison

Comment

Don't get many waves in Swindon either.
                            Did have someone yell "Rock on Dude" through my open windows a few weeks back when we had the last of the hot weather
                            Scared the pants out of me, but kept me smiling all the way home thinking that another surfer spoke to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X