Vegoil - finally took the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegoil - finally took the plunge

Yesterday I went to the garage to find that Diesel was 86p/L. The best I could see was 84p/L.
    I went to the local asian cash and carry and bought 40L of vegetable oil. I put the whole 40L in @ 50p/L, five litres of unleaded and a litre of kerosene. I went for a good drive to make sure it was well and truly mixed into the system.
    This afternoon I went to the truck and she started first turn of the key. Perfectly normal. She also runs much quieter than when I was running 50%.
    Who cares how much a barrel of crude is????
    It's only a hobby!

Fair play to you, just wondered how the smoke density is from the exhaust compared to before???

*edit* isnt it time you all paid a visit over here with big bowsers, its only 64UKp, help yourselves we've got lots
    Last edited by JimL; 16 October 2004, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      Fair play to you, just wondered how the smoke density is from the exhaust compared to before???

*edit* isnt it time you all paid a visit over here with big bowsers, its only 64UKp, help yourselves we've got lots
      It seems less smokey than before, although I haven't driven at night and seen the trail from my exaust in someone elses headlights. The only downside at the moment is, that if I open the tailgate window while driving, I get hungry. The exhaust gas smells like a fairground doughnut vendors. Delicious
      The biggest difference is how quiet the engine runs. Total lack of diesel clatter. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL

Trouble is...the Excise and Duty will still want their cut!
        Gaz

Comment

Find a Lidl - I pay 46p a litre

Now doing around 1000 km per week and my surf is going strong

Ps excise taking their cut = 73p / litre - show me apump at that rate !

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
            Trouble is...the Excise and Duty will still want their cut!
            They can get stuffed!! I don't mind paying income tax, VAT, Council Tax (as long as they don't spend it all on recruiting left handed nomosexual police officers from ethnic minorities who are under 4'10" tall).
            I might use it to go on a booze cruise to the continent and bring in as many fags and bottles of claret as I like, for my personal use of course. Rip off Britain..............no money grabbing country deserves to be ripped off more. :Rant Off:
            Who's going to grass me up then?
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Veg oil

I have made my own bio diesel in the past and it works well in the surf for lots more info its worth checking out the link below and there links inc buy bio diesel from them.

www.dieselveg.com

Comment

Working...
              X