imobiliser probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imobiliser probs

my imobiliser wont let me moblise, normaly i put my key thingy into the hole the flashing red light becomes stable and can start up the motor but today the red light just continues to flash and it wont let me start the engine how do I get around this is there a fuse or something i can pull to by-pass the imobiliser.
    Last edited by AlanM6; 16 October 2004, 22:08.
    WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Originally posted by AlanM6
    my imobiliser wont let me moblise, normaly i put my key thingy into the hole the flashing red light becomes stable and can start up the motor but today the red light just continues to flash and it wont let me start the engine how do I get around this is there a fuse or something i can pull to by-pass the imobiliser.
    If it was that simple every joyrider and lowlife in your area would know about it. First thing I would do is pull your fuses one at a time and check that none are blown. The immobiliser may be looking for a condition from a circuit that is not working. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanx KP will try that 1st thing 2morrow

Comment

PM Rich, IMHO its his backyard you're in! He mightn't click on S**t nor will anyone find your thread in the future if they search thread titles for immobiliser problems

Comment

Have you not got a spare dongle thing for it???
          Last edited by marky; 16 October 2004, 22:16.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Had a thought , not often I know , try set of jump leads off another battery as you may have a low battery(s) . I had this a couple of times when working for AA . If the battery(s) are low it will not trip immobiliser off .

Rick
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Point taken ive edited the title, did a search for imobiliser before posting.Some one (bundubasher) had the same problem but got no replys to his post.

Comment

The Boy Marky does it again the spare Dongle thingy works
                Cheers Mate!!!!!
                I didnt know that we had a spare untill the wifey produced one from the depths of her hand bag .
                thanks to all that replyed

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM6
                  The Boy Marky does it again the spare Dongle thingy works
                  Cheers Mate!!!!!
                  I didnt know that we had a spare untill the wifey produced one from the depths of her hand bag .
                  thanks to all that replyed
                  You have to look after your dongle!!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X