• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defeating the ADD System

Hi guys,

Found this site in yotatech.com ,

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/add

Somehow I still don't understand how this modification works. Can anybody here (expert surfers) explain this further because I'm still new to this front- wheel-drive-thing. I believe many blokes here are also very eager to know. Please enlighten me.

justin

Do you want to install free wheeling hubs and then lock the ADD?

Neville

Comment

basically he's bypassing the electrical Automatic gear to engage 4wd so that he knows for sure that it's engaged when he shifts... using freewheeling hubs instead.... then you can drive round in low range and beat everyone off the lights up to 10mph! cool! (but he's done it for off road of course!) (less to fail)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

neville / slug man

Thank you for the quick reply.

Now, from what I understand, I need to install "free wheelling hub" first before performing this modification. Am I correct?

justin

Comment

Originally posted by Justiniano Reyes
          Now, from what I understand, I need to install "free wheelling hub" first before performing this modification. Am I correct?

justin
          You don't actually need to, but if you don't your front diff will be engaged and working all the time. This means extra wear and tear that would be avoided with free wheeling hubs.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
          X