Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a motor

hi all

Just came back from Pendine Beach in Wales, 7 miles of sand, and over the weekend, I pulled two motors out of the sand, one of them was completely buried, couple of doughnuts for the video and a speed through the sea, (washed of straight away with fire hose and high pressure water).

These motors are incredible, i've said it once and will say it again, this car is staying

Brian
    Surfs were made for Power Kiters

www.powerkites.cjb.net

SSR-X 3.0TD 1996 "NOW DIRTY"

my surf pic is from pendine beach, i go there whenever i can, it's just over an hours drive from where i live, it's so satisfying driving up behind lesser veicles and dragging em out, excellent for mx'ers too, which reminds me the western s'mare beach motocross weekend is coming soon.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

it took me 4 hours there and 5 hours return, but i enjoyed driving, well impressed with the fuel consumpton

www.powerkites.cjb.net

Comment

Driving on the beach is cool....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Cmar; 4 March 2007, 20:00.

Comment

Wow..that beach looks cool!

Pendine....where's that? Looks like it'd be excellent for kiteboarding/buggying.

I reckon with a couple of people hanging out my sunroof with a couple of my big kites we could get the surf rolling in a decent breeze!

That'd increase the fuel consumption signifucantly!!

Rob
          Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          "You Sir are drunk!"
          "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Comment

Rob, that pic is from Inch beach in Co. Kerry. It would be fantastic for kite buggying. It's very long and wide and dead smooth. Some soft sand in places though! Perfect for kites

Comment

We have an Island off the coast from Brisbane that's a 1 hour ferry ride. Just brilliant for 4x4ing, better still, 20ft of rope + upside down car bonnet (to sit on) + 80km/h, makes for a very hot arse but lot's of fun.
              Last time I took my FJ40 Landcruiser (7"lift, 35" tyres, soft top,no doors & a 5 litre V8 ) over, we came across a pack of (12)Mercedes 4x4s full of snobs on a sales promotion. My Cruiser was matt black (everything) & they looked at my wife and I with much distain (I'm use to that,I'm about 220lb, shaved head and a few tats) as they drove past us in the carpark. 3 hours later we saw them up ahead on the beach, 6 out of the 12 bogged down to the axles. They motioned for us to help , we rumbled past in 2nd gear 2wd, A quick doughnut to roost them with sand and we were off into the sunset.
              Toyotas rock.
              Last edited by crusty; 15 October 2003, 00:16.
              91 SSR ltd 2.4td Wine over grey. Currently on head #2.
              89 Mazda MX6 2.2 lt turbo.

Comment

Cmar - looks like I may have to visit my mate who works on the West Coast of Ireland (somewhere) and take my surf for another little trip!

Crusty - looks like I may have to visit my brother who lives in Brisbane and borrow your surf for a blast on the beach!!

Rob
                Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

Robster

Thats what i went to Pendine for is for buggying and mountain boarding, i have my own site for kiting, hope hiluxsurf.co.uk, don't mind me plugging it...www.powerkites.cjb.net...i bought the surf so i can get all my gear into it, and it does...lol

Originally posted by Robster
                  Wow..that beach looks cool!

Pendine....where's that? Looks like it'd be excellent for kiteboarding/buggying.

I reckon with a couple of people hanging out my sunroof with a couple of my big kites we could get the surf rolling in a decent breeze!

That'd increase the fuel consumption signifucantly!!

Rob

www.powerkites.cjb.net

Comment

Cool!! I'll have to come over for a weekend's blasting some time!

I've got a kite site too www.genetx.co.uk, so if you or anyone else needs any new gear give me a shout and I can probably do you a deal!!

Rob
                    Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                    "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

nice site, sorry , i can't help you by buying nething at the moment, might one day look at getting a frenzy, but my main collection are blades, cool all round kite for everything.

www.powerkites.cjb.net

Comment

Working...
                      X