Dreaded MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaded MOT

The truck went in for the dreaded MOT today.
    Always a bit wary because you never know what to expect, but the old girl sailed through no problem at all, the only thing that they said was that the rear of the exhaust was on it's way but I already knew that it was on it's last legs.

I'm well pleased, this is probably the first MOT I have had done that hasn't cost me for repairs.

Andy

Mine's going in tomorrow - decided not to wait for the old one to run out - WHY did I buy a car with a MOT date of Halloween ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
      The truck went in for the dreaded MOT today.
      Always a bit wary because you never know what to expect, but the old girl sailed through no problem at all, the only thing that they said was that the rear of the exhaust was on it's way but I already knew that it was on it's last legs.

I'm well pleased, this is probably the first MOT I have had done that hasn't cost me for repairs.

Andy

same ere Andy, took mine in july and she sailed through, had her a year and done nothing cept check fluid levels, pressures etc. even though the MOT inspector has been a m8 of of mine for yrs he said not much passes on a mon. morn and anything over 10yr old,s got no chance, which suited me as i wanted the truck getting a good going over, well p*ssed off he was btw it,s a 90 2.4 LN130, not bad for 14yr old truck i think

ship (now the ead will go, sod,s law an all that)

Comment

jumpin' the gun

you just never can tell, put mine in for mot today,2 weeks before it expires , my mate said one of your cv joint gaiters has gone and your dipped h/lights are way too high oh and your rear fog light doesn't work( a forum mod thanks), so having bought aforesaid gaiter,ready to do after failure,put car in and she failed,aahhh, but only on not having a telltale on the fog lamp switch. 10 mins later new switch fitted and a pass yeeeeeeeessss!
        so don't jump the gun, save your money.(for something else)
        chris

Comment

Originally posted by drummerboy
          you just never can tell, put mine in for mot today,2 weeks before it expires , my mate said one of your cv joint gaiters has gone and your dipped h/lights are way too high oh and your rear fog light doesn't work( a forum mod thanks), so having bought aforesaid gaiter,ready to do after failure,put car in and she failed,aahhh, but only on not having a telltale on the fog lamp switch. 10 mins later new switch fitted and a pass yeeeeeeeessss!
          so don't jump the gun, save your money.(for something else)
          chris
          ok with the petty stuff... but surely it failed on the gaiter being split?.... pretty crucial part of the steering/suspension... (and costs more if you don't do it!)
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Well it went in for the dreaded test today and failed

Failed on "offroad damage" - yep the lack of a rear foglight, so the hippo is back with the red lamp, but this time mounted on the bumper rather than under.

All in all just failing on a foglight is cause to be happy

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Not a Surf , but a lot older . Put Tam's Herald in for MOT last Saturday and it passed no prob . 36year old car and still good

Rick
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                Not a Surf , but a lot older . Put Tam's Herald in for MOT last Saturday and it passed no prob . 36year old car and still good

Rick
                Ah but that has Doctor Honeynuts delicate hands looking after it

ship

ps: wish i had the time and money to get my 65 spitfire an MOT but the Goddess of Nag sez i spend too much money on the surf n stuff as it is

Comment

Working...
                X