• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sky news

anyone watching he 4x4 debate on now

yes watching it now
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

if any politician can fit me + wife +two kids + rottie in the wifes punto then i will get rid of my surf

Comment

Pretty weak arguments really. And the rest of us have to pay for the few soft-roaders. No change there then.

Only way round this, that I can see, is to re-classify our vehicles as commercial vehicles. Gets round that 'passenger' vehicle thing. They could classify monocoque vehicles as taxable at the high rate, and chassis based vehicles at the low rate... exactly the same as they did in the states.

Anyway using the emisssions regulations to stop 4x4's is a damp argument. We all have to comply to the same emissions here. They already tax the fuel through the roof. So if you choose to run a vahicle that uses more, you pay more. They are already doing it. Congestion charging has already started destroying business in the city centres, so no point going into town for your shopping... We can keep our 'toys', and that tw*t can keep his opinions (to himself).

Personal rantings, take them with a pinch of salt.

andyL

Comment

as if we don't pay enough tax already expecting 4x4 drivers to pay extra tax !!!!!! cheek but I don't think its much to worry about
          TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
            as if we don't pay enough tax already expecting 4x4 drivers to pay extra tax !!!!!! cheek but I don't think its much to worry about
            all

if i drive around in 2 wheel drive does that make me tax exempt?
            just a thought

Comment

Weak opinions from weak minded uninformed fools.
              Tax ,tax,tax,tax,tax and more tax !! you work bloomin hard for your money and they just want to get every last penny off of the lower paid people. They seem to forget that not everyone is earning 40k + some of us have to exist on less than half that.

Just my opinion tho !

Andy.

Comment

On Sat The Bullet was pressed into service towing the trailer across the fields as we cut back the hedges, carrying 2 labradors, chains saw, loppers, clippers , shears etc... and 3 trailer loads of hedge cuttings (well stomped down by Tony)
                On Sunday she towed same trailer across the fields carrying old pallets, sheets of 8ft x 4ft ply, lots of old wood planks (you get the picture) same 2 adults, 2 labs, and all the gear.

You show me a smart car that can do that! "A-holes"!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  On Sat The Bullet was pressed into service towing the trailer across the fields as we cut back the hedges, carrying 2 labradors, chains saw, loppers, clippers , shears etc... and 3 trailer loads of hedge cuttings (well stomped down by Tony)
                  On Sunday she towed same trailer across the fields carrying old pallets, sheets of 8ft x 4ft ply, lots of old wood planks (you get the picture) same 2 adults, 2 labs, and all the gear.

You show me a smart car that can do that! "A-holes"!!

i bet KITT off knightrider could do it!... he's smart!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

grr

ive, just got rid of an rover 820 2.0l petrol auto before that i had a renault f16 this argument is all bull my surf does better mileage than both those family cars also i use mine for work like to see a punto drag a start a truck i just stick mine in low range and go for it . oh look a MP
                    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                    (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Isn't this is the same country that allows the self employed to buy a double cab pickup and charge 100% of its purchase price and running costs including personal use against profits and/or loses without having to show any commercial need for the vehicle?

Comment

damned if you do...

i was going to get a van cos the only way i can afford a house is to buy a wrecker and do it up' producing lots of unpleasantness, but in warwickshire vans are banned from the recycling sites. so... the only way i can be enviromentaly friendly is to run a 4x4 'similar to a range rover' as the council call them. thats my excuse anyway. see you at the tip
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

As they say, "polititians and nappies, both need changing for same reason"

Comment

Working...
                          X