And the root of my problem is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the root of my problem is...

Ha, ha, haaaaaaaa!! I now know why my batteries were flat this morn, under the alternator there's a tensioning bolt with a 'block' on. It's obvious that the block should have a bolt though it that fits into the base of the alt' and secures it. This second bolt is missing and therefore have no tension!

Sooo, anyone know the size or part No for this missing bolt.... please?

Also, one of the terminal connectors on one of the batteries is lose and wont tighten anymore. Are these common battery connectors or a Toyota part??

Cheers, Damian

Phew, I can relax now....
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

hehe, the battery clamps are standard parts, just go to a car parts shop.

Usually the bolt will be a 1.25 pitch 8 or 10mm bolt, but will have to check to be sure.

Might be easier to just order one from Toyota, won't be that expensive, or if you have a good nut and bolt supplier, wait till tomorrow and I'll find out the bolt size unless someone else is a bigger Toy anorack than me and knows it off the top of their head!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      hehe, the battery clamps are standard parts, just go to a car parts shop.

Usually the bolt will be a 1.25 pitch 8 or 10mm bolt, but will have to check to be sure.

Might be easier to just order one from Toyota, won't be that expensive, or if you have a good nut and bolt supplier, wait till tomorrow and I'll find out the bolt size unless someone else is a bigger Toy anorack than me and knows it off the top of their head!

she left the building!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I have 2 used bolts that are labeled alternator tension. They are M8 x 1.25 and are 110mm long.

Toyota battery clamps are cheap and nasty. You can get nice gold plated battery clamps from http://www.maplin.co.uk
        much cheaper than the original ones. Theyre a direct replacement and even fit under the original terminal covers.

CN91Y Car Battery Term Pos 2 5.090 0.891 5.98
        CN92A Car Battery Term Neg 2 5.090 0.891 5.98
        Last edited by *Turandot*; 10 October 2004, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          she left the building!
          hehe, Yeah?

Comment

Thanks all, I'll sort all this out tomorrow. Don't forget Tony, it's partly you 'n' Lindas fault that I've got this Smurf, taking me around Knowsley early on this year. Cheers for that!

Laters...
            Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Check the battery terminal again. Sometimes if they are not pushed all the way down they dont clamp to the terminal. Loosen it off and hit it with a rubber hammer or a bit of wood so that it is all the way down.

Happened on mine, so you never know.

Rich.
              If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
                Thanks all, I'll sort all this out tomorrow. Don't forget Tony, it's partly you 'n' Lindas fault that I've got this Smurf, taking me around Knowsley early on this year. Cheers for that!

Laters...

Comment

Working...
                X