They were all out today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were all out today.

My brother, who lives near Oxford, asked me a favour. Could I go with him to pick up a hired car trailer and collect a 1969 Riley Elf from Aldenham Nr Elstree? We picked up the hired trailer and left Thame and headed for Elstree.
    As we were nearing the place to pick up the car a woman in a Landcruiser, who was busy telling her kids off in the back, suddenly noticed that we were coming the other way on the single track road, braked, hit a bump and briefly lost control, narrowly missing us. She must have been doing at least double the thirty limit but still glared at us as if it was our fault.
    We got the Riley onto the trailer, strapped it down and set off. After a couple of miles I wasn't happy with the weight distribution, so we moved the car forward to increase the noseweight of the trailer and set off again. We were approaching a roundabout in the centre lane, as we were going straight on, when a car shot up the left hand filter and cut across into the centre lane, nearly colliding with the impatient git who came past on the outside and cut in.

Several miles further on we were going up a hill, just about keeping up to the legal speed limit when a Rangy came close behind us flashing its lights. We thought, "Oh gawd, another nutter."
    There was a bus stop ahead so we pulled into it and the Rangy pulled in behind us. We were getting prepared for roadrage when the guy pointed out that one of the detatchable ramps had come adrift and was in danger of falling off. We thanked him, red faced and made sure the locking ring was clipped over this time.
    We got back in the Surf and I couldn't get the gearshift out of park. I straightaway asked my brother to check the brake lights (thank goodness I read Tech' Electrical Section). There were none. Replaced the brake light fuse and checked the lights again. There was a full complement on the truck but no brake lights on the trailer!!
    On the A329 there was a traffic cop in front of us and it was a 50MPH limit. The guy behind in the BMW was being impatient and pulling onto the wrong side of the road, in stupid places, almost hitting cars head on and pulling back in again. We got on a straight'ish bit, where I could see nothing coming the other way, so I flicked my left indicator and he sped past nearly hitting the traffic cops up the arse!!! We laughed as the cops put on the blues and pulled him in for a chat
    The rest of the journey was fairly loony free!!
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    On the A329 there was a traffic cop in front of us and it was a 50MPH limit. The guy behind in the BMW was being impatient and pulling onto the wrong side of the road, in stupid places, almost hitting cars head on and pulling back in again. We got on a straight'ish bit, where I could see nothing coming the other way, so I flicked my left indicator and he sped past nearly hitting the traffic cops up the arse!!! We laughed as the cops put on the blues and pulled him in for a chat
    The rest of the journey was fairly loony free!!
    Bwahahaha! sweet, thats great.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Riley Elf , excellent . I'll have the rear bumper and number plates lights for me Lotus .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Riley Elf , excellent . I'll have the rear bumper and number plates lights for me Lotus .

Rick
        You will have to fight my sister-in-law for em. That is a scary prospect!!!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X