Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil cap?

hello people

i have snapped my oil cap(due to faulty mechanical tools, hitting screwdriver to hard with hammer to unscrew cap),anyone know were to get one in the liverpool area, what type of damage can be done driving around without one?
    1993 2.4

thanks

paul

PM HILUX. bob may have one he's in Liverpool
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Advantages:

1. No rust anywhere in engine bay.

Disadvantages:

1. That new rust preventative all over your engine bay won't be stopping your internals scraping dry against each other till they weld together. Which is what it should be doing.

2. Possible reduction in braking effectiveness.

:

Comment

seriously,anybody else have this problem ???
        on my 2.4, if engine is hot/warm, i can,t for the life of me
        get oil filler cap off
        only when i let it cool, will it let go
        when i first noticed this, i thought OMG, how am i gonna get the slippery stuff in ??
        ideas ?? hints chaps ??

CARL..... a happy surfer
        2.4 T.D,s should carry a government health warning

Comment

I try not to tighten too much when screwing it on.Just enough to seal is enough.

Try to get one of those little gadgets with a plastic handle and a rubber strap.They have a strap that hooks into handle and wraps around the object you want to remove and then slips into a slot in the handle.They get tighter as you pull on handle and make undoing things like this a breeze and do not damage them.They are a number of different names and sizes for these and the one I have is called a Boa Constrictor.Only a few of dollars for a pack of two down here.

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X