how strong is the wheel carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how strong is the wheel carrier

can any one help? i am looking at bike racks and want to know how strong the wheel carrier is. i want to know if, when opened and swinging, it will be strong enought to hold the weight of a couple of bikes.

Originally posted by mat1
    can any one help? i am looking at bike racks and want to know how strong the wheel carrier is. i want to know if, when opened and swinging, it will be strong enought to hold the weight of a couple of bikes.

If you look at web sites like Formula 4x4 they do stock carriers which fit on to to ball hitches an go around the spare wheel carrier.
    There are various types out there so you should be able to find something to suit your needs
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

I had a 9Ft aerial with a big centre loading coil mounted on my spare carrier. That was OK at speeds up to 90MPH (on private roads of course ).Here is a pic with the long (9FT) top section fitted. I can go mobile with this one but low bridges are a problem. It has been off roaded over some seriously rough stuff without coming a cropper!
      Attached Files
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by mat1
        Yep it is strong enough. Did it on mine no problem, you just need to be carefull how you fix the bikes so that it does foul the bodywork when you swing it out.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X