Toyota FJ Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota FJ Series

Was the Toyota FJ40/45 etc ever sold in the UK? What superb looking machines. I'd love to get my hands on one.
    It's only a hobby!

I dont think so, I used to have one in kenya great car 3 forward gears, would climb a rock face!!!! Plus undo a few bolts and you had a convertible.
    I have been looking for ages in the UK for one but not much luck.
    Have a look at these,
    http://www.tlc4x4.com/2000/Restorati...resto_fj40.htm
    http://www.ih8mud.com/cruisertech.php

Comment

I think they were, well at least here in Ireland but I think they all fell apart because of rust - cool looking machine though in their time...

Comment

Originally posted by BUZZ
        I think they were, well at least here in Ireland but I think they all fell apart because of rust - cool looking machine though in their time...
        I am pretty sure they were for a time. I still think they are probably the best looking off roader going. They have a few issues with rust and with cracking of the chassis however the powertrain is unbreakable.

FJ had F series petrol engine (4 litre) and BJ had B series Diesel in various sizes up to just over 3 litres. The number designated the body style, they were available as soft top, 3 door hard top, Tray back, 5 door hard top etc etc.

They really were the original Landcruiser tha most people know - the 25 series was the first commercially available but didn't sell in large numbers.

They make the ultimate off roader.

Loads of info here...

http://www.off-road.com/tlc/

Cheers

Comment

sure theres a couple in the classifieds of 4x4 magzine (current issue) - they are pretty cool looking - did you see the yellow one on 'pimp my ride' ( i was only watching to see if i could see the blue surf on the ramps!!!) - they do look the dogs with big wheels

Chris

Comment

Is this not the coolest looking rig in the whole planet.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              Just read on http://forum.ih8mud.com of some guy who wants to put a 40 series body on an 80 series chassis, serious amount of widening and lengthening of the body but boy would that be a cool truck.

Cheers

Comment

There's a place in Southampton called Classic Landcruisers that advertises in the back of 4x4 magazine. They had a 1979 BJ40 for sale for £7k and a 1982 specimen for £9k. These were fully restored and I don't suppose you'd want to get them too muddy.
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                  snot fair!! i want one! and me surf!

Chris

Comment

The BJ versions are well used in the Malaysian events and perform like nobodies busuy
                    Gaz

Comment

There's a place in Southampton called Classic Landcruisers that advertises in the back of 4x4 magazine. They had a 1979 BJ40 for sale for £7k and a 1982 specimen for £9k. These were fully restored and I don't suppose you'd want to get them too muddy.
                      There are quite a lot of FJ/BJ40's in Europe. Mostly theyre not in running condition and people dont usually bother advertising them unless theyre having a clear out.

40's are worth hundreds not thousands and you can buy a really nice one under £2K. The LHD one in the pic was bid up to £2,100 on Ebay earlier this year. The winning bidder failed to complete the deal leaving one of my friends as the next highest bidder. The seller was happy to take £1,750 for it. It had masses of new parts and no real faults at all.

The pickup in the second picture has been on EBay 3 times this year and not sold. The guy who owns it wants £1000 for it. We offered him £750 which he might yet take... on the other hand we might discover a use for it and go the other £250. Either way nothing much has happened in 6 months which shows the level of interest in old Land Cruisers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I missed out on one on ebay a few months back, bummer, but still keeping me eyes peeled
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Working...
                        X