Devils Pit Support needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devils Pit Support needed

OK, Kath who runs Devils pit has put an application in to open the site for 150 days a year. Some of these days will be allocated to club days only, so for people like us we could have the place to ourselves.
    Now a local resident is going up in arms about it without knowing the true facts. Hes going on three counties radio (103.8fm) to talk about it at 7.30 am Tomorrow (Thursday) on pure hearsay of the application.
    Kath is going on air at 08.20 to present the facts of the application, so shes asking for support for people to phone in 08459 455 555 (think this is the number).
    Now seeing as we have a member on the door step it would be really good if he phoned in as a resident who thinks its great for a site to provide safe sound fun in a controlled area.
    I think 103.8 fm broadcasts the Luton area at these times in the morning.
    So get phoning and offer our support.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Originally posted by Koi
    OK, Kath who runs Devils pit has put an application in to open the site for 150 days a year. Some of these days will be allocated to club days only, so for people like us we could have the place to ourselves.
    Now a local resident is going up in arms about it without knowing the true facts. Hes going on three counties radio (103.8fm) to talk about it at 7.30 am Tomorrow (Thursday) on pure hearsay of the application.
    Kath is going on air at 08.20 to present the facts of the application, so shes asking for support for people to phone in 08459 455 555 (think this is the number).
    Now seeing as we have a member on the door step it would be really good if he phoned in as a resident who thinks its great for a site to provide safe sound fun in a controlled area.
    Will try to get through and give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      some people don't live in the reception area. i.e Moi. so you can always email the radio station as I will.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/threecounties/
      ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

I doubt if a bombardment of e-mails or phone calls would win favour if those doing so also are without the facts of the application

Comment

I am in the catchment area for Three Counties Radio and a regular listener. The presenter of the morning show is a guy called Roberto Perrone (good old Bedfordshire name). You can listen to the show on the BBC website in real time. He puts the main topics of the day on the BBC discussion boards, where they often conduct polls. He is a supporter of the centre for offroad motorcycles so he may be sympathetic to this one.IMHO, the stick that they are getting is because of the straight through exhaust brigade who often frequent the site. On DPs paperwork they appeal for people not to have straight through exhausts and to cease driving if their silencer becomes damaged. I have never seen this enforced.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I've tried to log in under my user name, but I'm at home and it obviously prefers Jotto's name.

I've just been listening to the radio debate live as I'm at home sick.

Jon's just been on live and got a plug in for this site. Hope some of you heard this.

The presenter from the radio station will be attending the next meeting at Devil's Pit and he's been offered a ride ride by Jon.

There seems to be little objection to the site opening extra days.

Mrs Jotto
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Better fix the brakes if he wants to take the guy round the Black route . Better off using the Surf .

Rick
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Sorry lads n lasses I was hoping to get on and voice my opinion as a local, but was way laid at work. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground for any info etc tho.

Comment

OK if anyone can help/attend or write in.

On 13th October at South Beds Council offices - Dunstable (7pm) - there will be a meeting about our planning application for extra days. There has been ALOT of opposition against us (mainly the noise that the vehicles create) and if you want to attend and speak you have to ask permission (yeah I know!!!) you get 3 mins to speak and say what you have to. Please - would you be able to speak on behalf of your club and obviously give all the good points of a club being able to use the site, and as your vehicles are road legal the noise element wouldn't be an issue. If you can help you have to telephone 01582 472222 and request permission to speak and obviously attend the meeting. If you can't do this maybe you could possibly write something to the chairman of the meeting instead or to Mrs A Whitfield who is my point of contact. address is - South Beds District Council, The District Offices, High Street North, Dunstable, Beds, LU6 1LF but before 13th Oct. If you know of any other club members who would attend in favour of us please can you let them know. A big thank you for your help and obviously if we can get these extra days we will make sure your club gets top priority with bookings and of course discounted rates. Ta, Kath

I can't make it but will be writng in.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

I was listening to Three Counties Radio yesterday morning. Roberto Perrone is starting to wobble. I heard him tell a listener that he will be going to the road where the noise complaint has come from, to monitor the noise level, but he is too scared to get in a 4x4.

I tried to get through to tell him that not all 4x4s are like Stephen Rhodes (3CR Consumer Programme Presenter) notoriously unreliable Landrover!
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I was listening to BBC 3CR this morning and Simon (Kaths husband) called in to say that their application to open Devils Pit for extra days had been turned down.

Reasons given included noise, mud on Barton Cutting and SAFETY of those taking part!!!!! (Nanny state?)

I sent Roberto an email using the analogy of Luton Town playing at home. I'm not a football fan, but I put up with the inconvenence of crawling traffic and diversions, because I respect the right of the footy fans to enjoy their game.

The objectors to Devils Pit are in the minority but because of the EU human rights laws, their rights are being upheld at the expense of hundreds who enjoy our motorsport.

It's got to the stage where, if you are having a party, you have the courtesy to invite everyone in the surrounding streets and one person objects to the noise, environmental health will arrive with the police to make sure you turn the music off at 11PM!!! It's a killjoys charter.
                      No wonder 60,000 people a year are emigrating.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X