bogging locking wheel nut!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogging locking wheel nut!!!!

Just knew something was bugging me........... Just searched the surf high and low and can't find the socket that undoes the bogging locking wheel nut . Any ideas where I can get one? I've attached a picture of the nut in all it's finery just in case it rings any bells with anybody out there
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dazzo23
    Just knew something was bugging me........... Just searched the surf high and low and can't find the socket that undoes the bogging locking wheel nut . Any ideas where I can get one? I've attached a picture of the nut in all it's finery just in case it rings any bells with anybody out there

each are different, hammer a socket over it and buy some new ones
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      each are different, hammer a socket over it and buy some new ones
      Had a sneaky feeling that would be the case Let the socket hammering begin! Best place to buy new ones from is.......?

Comment

Had a sneaky feeling that would be the case Let the socket hammering begin! Best place to buy new ones from is.......?

a shop

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          a shop
          that sells them
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

gee, thanks

Comment

gee, thanks
              you welcome

Halfrauds, good motor factors, 4x4 accessories etc

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

How about these?

http://www.difflock.com/cgi-bin/wm10...001&item=DF181
                :

Comment

It gets worse, looks like the same wheels and nuts that I have. Have you tried the wheel brace on the normal looking nuts, you will find it wont fit because the hole diameter is too small. You will also find that you wont be able to get a standard socket in there either. I was lucky that I had an old spark plug tool for champion N9Y plugs that fitted. I also found a source on ebay for the secure wheel nuts, they are made by a company called Muteki in Japan I am having the tool and a full set of nuts shipped from the USA for around £28. If you want to do the same do a search for Muteki lug nuts on ebay. Good luck.
                  Oh, by the way if you decide to replace the secure wheel nuts make sure they will fit those wheels, I suspect Toyota used these nuts because they fit the small holes.
                  Last edited by InfraRed; 6 October 2004, 19:23.
                  [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
                    I was lucky that I had an old spark plug tool for champion N9Y plugs that fitted.
                    Will one for Champion N7Y plugs fit or that the wrong heat range ?

Rick
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
                      It gets worse, looks like the same wheels and nuts that I have. Have you tried the wheel brace on the normal looking nuts, you will find it wont fit because the hole diameter is too small. You will also find that you wont be able to get a standard socket in there either. I was lucky that I had an old spark plug tool for champion N9Y plugs that fitted. I also found a source on ebay for the secure wheel nuts, they are made by a company called Muteki in Japan I am having the tool and a full set of nuts shipped from the USA for around £28. If you want to do the same do a search for Muteki lug nuts on ebay. Good luck.
                      Oh, by the way if you decide to replace the secure wheel nuts make sure they will fit those wheels, I suspect Toyota used these nuts because they fit the small holes.
                      pic is actually a little misleading, the nut isn't completely sunk and enough of the standard ones project for me to get the brace onto . I'll attempt removal of the infernal things as soon as I've tracked down some replacements. Are the ones I've seen on roughtrax up to the job?

Comment

If you are sad enough to watch any of the shopping channels they advertise a tool called Gator Grip. My buv uses one for removing locking wheel nuts, with the owners permission, after they have dropped their cars at his workshop and gone to work, forgetting to put the locking wheelnut doobri firkin in the car.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

I`ve got a bit of kit i use for jobs like that, its a set of sockets with with a left handed thread on them instead of a a hex inside. As you wind the socket on as if to undo the nut it bites into the nut until its solid then you can undo the nut as usual. Most tyre fitters have them theses days and i`m sure if you ask nicely a local one will be able to help although you`ll still need a new set of locking nuts or 4/5 normal nuts to replace the damaged ones with.
                          Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            you welcome

Halfrauds, good motor factors, 4x4 accessories etc
                            Sorry that should have read Halfrauds OR good motor factors, 4x4 accessories etc

Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Wheelnuts

Hi
                              i bought a set of these nuts from roughtrax, they are made by astrali and are very good, they use 4 holes cut in the nut and the removal tool has 4 spikes to locate in holes. One word of advice do not use the L shaped wheel brace in the toyota kit buy a spider brace ( X shape brace with 4 sockets) as you need an evenpush against the nut, i used the toyota one and damaged the key when it slipped out. Rang astrali next day and quoted the key number paid by ccard and it arrived next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X