Strange Surf Suspension Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Surf Suspension Situation

had a trip to Preston yesterday afternoon in the !!!!ing rain - suspensions been set to hard most of the week after a 1 1/2 ton load of timber in the back! didnt bother changing the setting as it eases the wallow on the motorway (lancashire roads are not the best when it come to smoothness!). all was fine on the motorway, but heading up the a6 dual carriageway things didnt feel right - the road felt uneven even though i could see it wasnt. i was in the inside lane doing 40ish when i pulled out to pass a car in front - as i put my foot downt the whole truck shuddered - fearing the worst i pulled back in and pulled into a layby - walked round the tyres etc - nothing obvious to see anyway. got back in deiced to switch suspension to soft - lo and behold problem gone! - never had the balls to put hard on (ooeer) again yesterday but did try it today on a short journey in the dry with no problems.

any ideas chaps - could it be electrical with all the wet?

Take care

Chris

OKAY!- i know its in the wrong section! sorry!

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Not had that happen to me, mine is nearly always on "hard" setting, I came from a sports car to the Surf and prefer the ride.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Perhaps it was just telling you that you had over laden it by nearly a ton????
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Perhaps it was just telling you that you had over laden it by nearly a ton????

that was a guestimate (could have been near a ton - but certainly not 1/2 a ton!)- and it was only for 20mins on wednesday for a trip of about 2miles - just left it on hard afterwards - been running like that up until sunday when it got the judders! - could have been coincidence that it stopped when i went back to soft and something else was causing the problem =- what i dont know?

Comment

And they are now cattle trucked!
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Seriously now.............it sounds like you are on the right lines with the electrics. Check the connectors if they look OK take 'em apart and see what the contacts are like.

R.
              If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

cheers rich - will go armed with wire brush and wd40 (well gt85 actually) - just as soon as ive fitted a new combi boiler and we can have heating and hot water again - £630 for a new boiler i really didnt want to spend - the bearings went on the fan on the old combi - caused it to sieze and burnt the windings and wiring (melted neutral to earth going to the fan!) - only £200 + vat for a new fan !*!*!!!!'s- not worth it ona 15 year old boiler

would have much rather spent that wedge on a lift kit and new shocks - wouldnt have to worry about the 'judderman' (tm) returning!

btw - there is one other thing it could be - maybe the road was !!!! after all! somehow i dont think so!!

take care bud

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X